Mounted Calendar and Info Station
Was thinking of making something like this: http://www.instructables.com/id/Raspberr...tificatio/ with my new Pine.  Having the Android OS available is cool for this type of project as I can use a number of ready made widgets rather than doing lots of coding.  However, control seems to be the issue.  Most of these projects use simple buttons via GPIO which seems difficult with Android.

Here are some ideas I have for control:

1) Touch screen, this would be coolest, but anything even a decent size (say 18") is going to be really expensive.
2) BT mini keyboard - sort of awkward to mount.
3) Some type of mountable touchpad (not sure if one exists).

Regarding the monitor, do you think one like this would work? http://www.amazon.com/Dell-E2014T-Screen...00FE8MLY6/

Other ideas for how to deal with the input issue if I was to use Android?
You can look at this as well. http://michaelteeuw.nl/tagged/magicmirror

This is one project that I have in mind for the Pine64.
I'd be interested in helping if you wanted to start a group project.
I was also thinking you could use android and possible voice commands (OK Google?). I'm not sure if this would work or not.
Some of the features I was thinking to include:
-Time and date
-weather
-calendar events
-music (I't be nice to play local music or spotify, pandora, maybe even youtube via buetooth to a speaker)
-possibly google maps functionality
-set timers/alarms
-more?

But yeah, definitely let me know if you want to develop something together as this would be a cool project to get up and running on the pine

eidt: Actually noticed there's a setting to enable Ok google so voice commands work from within apps. This might be worth messing around with.
(05-07-2016, 11:06 AM)riahim Wrote: I'd be interested in helping if you wanted to start a group project.
I was also thinking you could use android and possible voice commands (OK Google?). I'm not sure if this would work or not.
-Time and date
-weather
-calendar events
-music (I't be nice to play local music or spotify, pandora, maybe even youtube via buetooth to a speaker)
-set timers/alarms
-more?

But yeah, definitely let me know if you want to develop something together as this would be a cool project to get up and running on the pine

eidt: Actually noticed there's a setting to enable Ok google so voice commands work from within apps. This might be worth messing around with.

Is there a good website to create group projects and collaborate on them?
(05-09-2016, 07:26 PM)fsa317 Wrote:
(05-07-2016, 11:06 AM)riahim Wrote: I'd be interested in helping if you wanted to start a group project.
-Time and date
-weather
-calendar events
-set timers/alarms
-more?

Uhm. maybe Github?
(05-10-2016, 05:24 PM)riahim Wrote:
-Time and date
-weather
-calendar events
-set timers/alarms
-more?

Uhm. maybe Github?

Yup, use Github Smile
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

My experience with Github is primarily with code.  This project is mainly finding good widgets and android configuration (and hardware stuff).  Does Github still make sense?
(05-11-2016, 06:50 AM)fsa317 Wrote: My experience with Github is primarily with code.  This project is mainly finding good widgets and android configuration (and hardware stuff).  Does Github still make sense?

Right, I believe I misunderstood what you meant. Why not  just start a thread on here with updates on the project? Document things with pictures and stuff Smile 
Similar in structure to, say, for instance this: http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=257

I also know that pine64.pro will host all sort of things in the future related to the Pine64
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Any progress?
-Time and date
-weather
-calendar events
-set timers/alarms
-more?

You could use slack during the building/design process and then once it's completed create a cleaned up tutorial to post somewhere. I've found slack to be very helpful in group projects.

I'm looking to make something very similar to this as well and would be interested in collaborating, still waiting for my pine to arrive though.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project DAW Platform: Fully capable Audio Production, Recording Station speedro86 4 6,928 10-07-2017, 10:20 PM
Last Post: speedro86
Question Weather Station and IoT Kits? carlosviansi 14 16,609 07-28-2016, 08:45 AM
Last Post: wanthalf