Powerbutton
There is a delay when you hold down the power button on powering off pinephone. I think its about 6 seconds on Mobian.  I would like to change the delay.  Where can I configure that feature
(02-12-2021, 11:22 PM)mmd604 Wrote: There is a delay when you hold down the power button on powering off pinephone. I think its about 6 seconds on Mobian.  I would like to change the delay.  Where can I configure that feature
That's the 'my phone is frozen and I can't turn it off' way to force turn off the phone. In Mobian, the way to turn off the phone is to tap the power button on the top right corner, and select shutdown. There is no power off function using the power button in Mobian. Annoying. I know.
(02-13-2021, 01:27 AM)rocket2nfinity Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 11:22 PM)mmd604 Wrote: There is a delay when you hold down the power button on powering off pinephone. I think its about 6 seconds on Mobian.  I would like to change the delay.  Where can I configure that feature
That's the 'my phone is frozen and I can't turn it off' way to force turn off the phone. In Mobian, the way to turn off the phone is to tap the power button on the top right corner, and select shutdown. There is no power off function using the power button in Mobian. Annoying. I know.
Well mine does.  If I hold the powerup button on for 6 to 7 seconds it turns off. Hmm update turns out I installed acpid and thats why I have a functioning power button
(02-13-2021, 06:59 AM)mmd604 Wrote:
Well mine does.  If I hold the powerup button on for 6 to 7 seconds it turns off. Hmm update turns out I installed acpid and thats why I have a functioning power button
Holding power button for that long does basicly same as pulling out battery.
(02-14-2021, 05:12 AM)Ph42oN Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 06:59 AM)mmd604 Wrote:
Holding power button for that long does basicly same as pulling out battery.
No I installed ACPI it is not similar to pulling the battery
Hi,

the power button is directly connected to PinePhone's PMIC. Inside this chip there's a special timer involved...
To better understand what's under the hood, please have a look at the datasheet of this component:
https://files.pine64.org/doc/datasheet/p...t_V1.0.pdf

Refer to chapter 9, especially page 26: Power off by power on key pressed

There's a very detailed description of different use cases.

Cheers,
scholbert