Well it happened....
Sad 
Had a cord strung across the floor, my dog ran across the room, and tripped over the cord and yanked my pine across the room. Sad

Managed to yank the USB power brick out the wall, and almost pulled my TV off the dresser. Man the Pine has some good solder joints! any other board probably would have lost a Micro USB connector...

My Acrylic enclosure on the other hand ... well it didn't do so well. 

Side note: does anyone know if backers are still able to get the discounted items from the store? Wanting to buy a 2nd pine, and 2 more acrylic cases....
Backer #12,584
(05-07-2016, 09:04 PM)T3charmy Wrote: Had a cord strung across the floor, my dog ran across the room, and tripped over the cord and yanked my pine across the room. Sad

Managed to yank the USB power brick out the wall, and almost pulled my TV off the dresser. Man the Pine has some good solder joints! any other board probably would have lost a Micro USB connector...

My Acrylic enclosure on the other hand ... well it didn't do so well. 

Side note: does anyone know if backers are still able to get the discounted items from the store? Wanting to buy a 2nd pine, and 2 more acrylic cases....

Maybe is the case did not break like that you would have lost the Micro USB connector?????
(05-08-2016, 01:48 AM)frewind Wrote: Maybe is the case did not break like that you would have lost the Micro USB connector?????
I'd agree with this, I think the case died to save the board. Smile
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

(05-08-2016, 06:54 AM)fire219 Wrote:
(05-08-2016, 01:48 AM)frewind Wrote: Maybe is the case did not break like that you would have lost the Micro USB connector?????
I'd agree with this, I think the case died to save the board. Smile

R.I.P. Case who gallantly gave it's life to save others.... Tongue
(05-08-2016, 01:48 AM)frewind Wrote:
(05-07-2016, 09:04 PM)T3charmy Wrote: <snip>

Maybe is the case did not break like that you would have lost the Micro USB connector?????
Yea I imagine so. My friend owns a 3D printer and he printed me a new case for $5. 

Here's the new case! Top half is glow in the dark(which sadly isn't as cool as I had hoped thanks to the red power LED). bottom half is orange!

Backer #12,584
Damn that is so unfortunate Sad
I think damage could have been done to the board if not for the case tho... and the new one looks great Smile
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

If you still have the acrylic case, you can solvent weld the stunds back in there holes with some acetone Smile
(05-10-2016, 01:56 PM)Rigor_M Wrote: If you still have the acrylic case, you can solvent weld the stunds back in there holes with some acetone Smile

I'll have to give that a shot. I think I have some acetone lying around.
Backer #12,584
(05-07-2016, 09:04 PM)T3charmy Wrote: Side note: does anyone know if backers are still able to get the discounted items from the store? Wanting to buy a 2nd pine, and 2 more acrylic cases....

We should be getting a discount code to buy more stuff off the store after it opens at the KS rates.
(05-10-2016, 06:16 PM)T3charmy Wrote:
(05-10-2016, 01:56 PM)Rigor_M Wrote: If you still have the acrylic case, you can solvent weld the stunds back in there holes with some acetone Smile

I'll have to give that a shot. I think I have some acetone lying around.
If you can source one, use a hypo applicator.  If not, it's not as easy to control, but a small hypodermic needle can be used to apply the acetone.  We always used MEK (Methyl ethyl ketone).  Ask your neighbors if they have any solvent.  By the time you purchase a small can and an applicator, you could probably have just purchased a new acrylic case.  Here's a decent instructional video:
https://youtu.be/hT6Ow_cBTps