ARM Microsoft Teams-problems installing
I'd like to get the linux ARM version of Microsoft teams installed on my Mobian Pinephone.  I downloaded the file teams-for-linux_1.0.6_arm64.deb from https://github.com/IsmaelMartinez/teams-...x/releases and using Kings Cross I tried running 

sudo dpkg -i teams-for-linux_1.0.6_arm64.deb

After unpacking the file, it outputted:
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of teams-for-linux: teams-for-linux depends on libappindicator3-1; however: Package libappindicator3-1 is not installed.

dpkg: error processing package teams-for-linux (--install): dependency problems - leaving unconfigured

Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme (0.17-2) ...
Processing triggers for mailcap (3.68) ...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.26-1) ...
Errors were encountered while processing: teams-for-linux

I thought I'd be able to fix this by next running sudo apt install -f but after running this, the output noted:

The following packages will be REMOVED: teams-for-linux
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 37 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 161 MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

After confirming I'm back to square one....I have the deb file but teams is not installed.

The questions I have are 1) are the commands I attempted the correct way to try to install this deb file on my Mobian pinephone. 2) is there a way I can get this work work?  If so, how?

Feedback, direction is much appreciated as I need teams on my pinephone before I can make it a daily driver.  Thanks in advance!
have you tried running sudo apt install libappindicator3-1 and then running sudo dpkg -i teams-for-linux_1.0.6_arm64.deb?
(02-01-2021, 01:01 PM)tophneal Wrote: have you tried running sudo apt install libappindicator3-1 and then running sudo dpkg -i teams-for-linux_1.0.6_arm64.deb?
I tried sudo apt install libappindicator3-1 and it outputted:

Package libappindicator3-1 is not available, but is referred to by another package.This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source

E: Package 'libappindiactor3-1' has no installation candidate

Also, as a plan-B I tried to login to Team using both browsers (firefox ESR and gnome Web) and both of them give me the error that the browser is not compatible with the Teams webapp and that I should download the desktop app!
(02-01-2021, 01:08 PM)eaglebeckley Wrote: I tried sudo apt install libappindicator3-1 and it outputted:

Package libappindicator3-1 is not available, but is referred to by another package.This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source

you can download the package from here: https://packages.debian.org/buster/libappindicator3-1

links to the arch specific versions are at the bottom of the page. arm64 is there
(02-01-2021, 01:36 PM)tophneal Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 01:08 PM)eaglebeckley Wrote: I tried sudo apt install libappindicator3-1 and it outputted:

you can download the package from here: https://packages.debian.org/buster/libappindicator3-1

links to the arch specific versions are at the bottom of the page. arm64 is there
First, thanks for the help.  I tried installing libappindicator3-1 from the site you provided and during install it says

dependency problems prevent configuration of libappindicator3-1:arm64: libappindicator3-1:arm64 depends on libindicator3-7; however Package libindicator3-7 is not installed.

When I get home tonight, perhaps I'll try to see about the libindicator3-7 file (for ARM64).  Would prefer if I knew how many files I would need to get this to work instead of going one by one...but maybe that's what I'll have to do.
this should help you what dependencies you'll need: https://sleeplessbeastie.eu/2018/03/05/h...b-package/
(02-01-2021, 12:17 PM)eaglebeckley Wrote: ...
Feedback, direction is much appreciated as I need teams on my pinephone before I can make it a daily driver.  Thanks in advance!

I am far from an expert on this but thought you could just
Code:
cd /to/directory/where/you/downloaded/the/.deb/
sudo apt install ./teams-for-linux_1.0.6_arm64.deb
in the first place then apt would sort all the dependencies (if it can)?
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
(02-01-2021, 02:50 PM)dukla2000 Wrote:

Code:
Thanks for the suggestion.  When I tried this, I got:

Note, selecting 'teams-for-linux' instead of './teams-for-linux_1.0.6_arm64.deb' Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming.

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
teams-for-linux : Depends: libappindicator3-1 but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
(02-01-2021, 05:14 PM)eaglebeckley Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 02:50 PM)dukla2000 Wrote:

Code:
Thanks for the suggestion.  When I tried this, I got:

Note, selecting 'teams-for-linux' instead of './teams-for-linux_1.0.6_arm64.deb' Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming.

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
teams-for-linux : Depends: libappindicator3-1 but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Update - I was able to successfully install the arm64 versions of libindicator3-7 first, then libappindicator3-1, and finally teams-for-linux_1.0.6_arm64.  I successfully logged into my company's instance of teams.  Disappointingly the app was blurry and seemed very slow.  I am guessing that is because it is not an official Microsoft version but I appreciate the efforts of the developer who created it.  I hope Microsoft creates an ARM64 version of teams for linux that could be easily installed on a PBP or pinephone.  For now, I'll mark this as complete and appreciate the advice & support I received in this post.
(02-01-2021, 08:27 PM)eaglebeckle Wrote: Update - I was able to successfully install the arm64 versions of libindicator3-7 first, then libappindicator3-1, and finally teams-for-linux_1.0.6_arm64.  I successfully logged into my company's instance of teams.  Disappointingly the app was blurry and seemed very slow.  I am guessing that is because it is not an official Microsoft version but I appreciate the efforts of the developer who created it.  I hope Microsoft creates an ARM64 version of teams for linux that could be easily installed on a PBP or pinephone.  For now, I'll mark this as complete and appreciate the advice & support I received in this post.

AFAIK, this being an Electron app, and knowing the performance of the teams app on my much stronger Windows Laptop I expect Teams to NEVER perform well on the Pinephone. It is simply not powerful enough to run that hog.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stability problems with 6.1 kernel Zebulon Walton 9 2,396 05-12-2023, 08:09 AM
Last Post: zetabeta
  Block firefix-esr-mobile-config from (re)installing itself grump_fiddle_reinstall 3 1,452 01-07-2023, 09:36 AM
Last Post: dcarvil
  DNS Problems with Mobile Data arno_nuehm 29 16,309 10-29-2022, 09:16 AM
Last Post: treebeard
  Problems after Tow-Boot Dinosaur1946 3 1,649 09-18-2022, 12:48 AM
Last Post: SpaggettiCoder
  Will this battery-saving script cause problems? rp3 1 1,130 08-28-2022, 02:00 PM
Last Post: biketool
  Tow-boot problems and restoring uboot Zebulon Walton 15 7,281 08-14-2022, 11:09 AM
Last Post: shulamy
  Browser cog - Problems on Mobian arno_nuehm 5 3,773 02-10-2022, 03:27 PM
Last Post: pothos
  rsyslog a bad idea? Problems with ssh, openssh-server, fail2ban Anna 7 5,090 11-14-2021, 06:20 PM
Last Post: juju
  Installing Mobian --> "Resizing file system" forever Anna 13 12,503 09-09-2021, 04:26 AM
Last Post: spaetz
Sad Problems with Twinkle SIP Application, strerror_r is not available phone123 0 1,498 07-04-2021, 12:58 PM
Last Post: phone123