Nav buttons and status drawer no longer visible (KDE Community Edition)
Hello all.

I just received my PinePhone and I'm mostly impressed with it so far. I have run into a very early snag, and I'm not sure how to correct it. After going into the Discover app and having it update to the most recent set of packages, I find myself without nav buttons along the bottom or the status drawer at the top. As a result applications go full screen and I cannot exit or navigate away from them without plugging in a keyboard.

The time, battery, and wifi status are visible on the lock screen, but I gather now that is a separate application.

Has anyone else seen this? If you have, is there a way to correct it or do I need to start looking into how to reload the OS entirely?

Thanks!
It's possible it may have crashed, hopefully a reboot would fix?
I'd also recommend going to the plasma mobile matrix channel for better support.
I am experiencing the exact same problem. Rebooting doesn't help at all.
We are investigating issue, it seem to happen post upgrade

As a temporary workaround you can

Code:
rm ~/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.phoneshell-appletsrc

And restart the system that should fix issue.
Hi, I've tried this to no avail. Just received the community edition phone and once you're in an app, I can't leave it without shutting down. Running this script I tried to run it with sudo and the default kde@plasma-mobile but got 'cannot remove '/home/kde/.config...' message. From the terminal, I can only swipe left to right to open a settings window which only navigates back to the terminal window. No status bar (battery, connection icon etc.) is visible anywhere. If you could let me know any way to get started I'd appreciate it and can see if I can't work out how to get some screen grabs if needed.
Cheers,
Simon
(02-02-2021, 06:15 AM)LlewopNomis Wrote: Hi, I've tried this to no avail. Just received the community edition phone and once you're in an app, I can't leave it without shutting down. Running this script I tried to run it with sudo and the default kde@plasma-mobile but got 'cannot remove '/home/kde/.config...' message. From the terminal, I can only swipe left to right to open a settings window which only navigates back to the terminal window. No status bar (battery, connection icon etc.) is visible anywhere. If you could let me know any way to get started I'd appreciate it and can see if I can't work out how to get some screen grabs if needed.
Cheers,
Simon

Not sure if this might help, but it took me a while to realize you can "slide down" the keyboard (very slowly) and the three dock buttons will appear.
(01-26-2021, 05:37 PM)bshah Wrote: We are investigating issue, it seem to happen post upgrade

As a temporary workaround you can

Code:
rm ~/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.phone*-appletsrc

And restart the system that should fix issue.

Update Feb 5: you can also run a full system upgrade that should bring your panels back on restart.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Modem is always visible/connected but stops working after a while dante404 6 2,929 11-08-2022, 09:12 AM
Last Post: dante404
  Beta Convergence edition external display? Ferenc 3 2,240 07-28-2021, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Ferenc
  Battery Charge Status not reporting correctly? (KDE Community Edition) Gregorius Techneticies 11 8,497 02-12-2021, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Giddyup
  KDE community edition, first feedback Goffi 2 2,811 02-08-2021, 02:42 PM
Last Post: treebuilder
  MMS Status Update - Lots of progress! kop316 2 5,230 12-12-2020, 05:47 PM
Last Post: kop316
  How does Pine64 decide who will be next for each Community Edition? desca 17 13,898 11-18-2020, 04:05 AM
Last Post: ryo
  Don't know password -- Community Edition pmOS Linuxnub 0 1,591 09-18-2020, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Linuxnub