Did you pay import tax?
Yes
50.53%
No
49.47%
95 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Did you have to pay import tax and how much was it?
(07-13-2020, 08:48 AM)PoorPockets McNewHold Wrote: South of France.
No import tax at all.

Strange. I had to pay 30$ VAT and 20$ transport to France.
(09-23-2020, 03:40 PM)goku499 Wrote:
No import tax at all.

Don't take it badly but it is indeed strange that imports in the same country seem to be handled depending on weather conditions.

You had paid the transport to France when buying it from pine64.org. Then EU laws require you to pay regular VAT. And the guy who does the customs application may have taken 20€ for his huge effort to press a computer button Big Grin
(09-24-2020, 12:54 AM)LinAdmin2 Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 03:40 PM)goku499 Wrote:
No import tax at all.

Don't take it badly but it is indeed strange that imports in the same country seem to be handled depending on weather conditions.

You had paid the transport to France when buying it from pine64.org. Then EU laws require you to pay regular VAT. And the guy who does the customs application may have taken 20€ for his huge effort to press a computer button Big Grin
In Canada I paid $56
I live in Switzerland. Shipping of the PinePhone was 30 USD by DHL, and import taxes where 30 USD, shipping time around three weeks. Sell the PinePhone through Aliexpress. Aliexpress standard shipping is normally included in the product price, shipping time is normally two weeks. I bought many products from Aliexpress below 200 USD. I never had to pay import taxes.
Here in Japan I paid ¥ 2,200 yen import tax.
I bought from overseas pretty often, but this was the first time I had to pay these taxes, so it really surprised me.

For whatever reason, even though DHL has shipped it from Hong Kong, and DHL exists here in Japan (I had them deliver packages before, even this year), they gave the package to SAGAWA (one of the many national delivery companies) to do the delivery.
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry
I only once payed import taxes for a Doogee smartphone for 100 USD bought over ebay in China. Swiss post charged me 20 USD since the content was not declared and wanted to see the bill from ebay. Then I had to pay another 30 USD import taxes. Do they use x-ray to check the content?
A Xiaomi Redmi 7 which can run Ubuntu Touch or a Redmi 9 can be bought for 100 USD in Switzerland, it is the same price as in China. I wonder how companies manage to import these devices?
None! Thank you for Poland warehouse.
tax and duty to cross from the USA to Canada was $53. If it shipped from Hong Kong directly to Canada it may have been somewhat less...
NT$285 here in Taiwan.