Anbox on Manjaro 20.10
Manjaro 20.10 has Linux Kernel 5.8 and now it's really easy to install and run Anbox.
It's not very fast, but at least it's a start.

I started "Run Anbox" and Anbox, but failed.
After a reboot Anbox works.
I think we need better OpenGL support for games like Super Tux Kart to work in Anbox.
We need an Android developer to hook us up with an optimized aarch64 Android img for Anbox. It'd be a lot more capable then.
My guess is that things will improve a lot with OpenGL ES 3 and Linux kernel 5.10.
https://forum.manjaro.org/t/potential-pe...5-10/33568
(10-24-2020, 05:36 AM)jiyong Wrote: My guess is that things will improve a lot with OpenGL ES 3 and Linux kernel 5.10.
https://forum.manjaro.org/t/potential-pe...5-10/33568
Sounds promising indeed. I saw the Phoronix news, but didn't think about Anbox.
Now if Anbox could get a camera passthrough mode from the host system, that would be the icing on the cake Wink
When I run anbox on my Pinebook Pro I get this

anbox: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/liblxc.so.1: undefined symbol: seccomp_notify_fd

anyone know what to do?

I just installed anbox (and nothing else), rebooted and ran "inbox" and got the above failure
Anbox also stopped working on my PBP.
Reinstalled, but nothing happens anymore.
I had it working with Manjaro 20.10.
(12-28-2020, 08:11 AM)dieselnutjob Wrote: When I run anbox on my Pinebook Pro I get this

anbox: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/liblxc.so.1: undefined symbol: seccomp_notify_fd

anyone know what to do?

I just installed anbox (and nothing else), rebooted and ran "inbox" and got the above failure

try reinstalling the anbox packages. I just tested on my Manjaro install, and it's running/launching
Applied the latest Manjaro update (20201230) and now it's working again.
Glad we can end this year on a positive note. ;-)
Are there still problems running apps? It would often crash before. Did you have to do any tweaks to get it working better or did the update fix the issue?
(12-31-2020, 08:33 AM)Mangled Wrote: Are there still problems running apps? It would often crash before. Did you have to do any tweaks to get it working better or did the update fix the issue?

Yes there are still problems.
Don't expect games to run.
It's still work in progress.