Bluetooth DIsconnect Problems?
Information 
From time to time my previously well paired bluetooth headphones refuse to keep a connection to my Pinephone.

No matter how many times I rebooted/upgrade, systemctl restart bluetooth, off/on bluetooth back and forth connect attempts repeatedly w/intermittently stopping of bluetooth on the phone. Still, no bluetooth connection sticking (with previously setup and working well bluetooth headphones).

When I viewed systemctl status bluetooth in terminal, I found this (MAC OUI left as is):

Code:
Dec 10 17:03:03 mobian bluetoothd[485]: sap-server: Operation not permitted (1)
Dec 10 17:03:07 mobian bluetoothd[485]: Endpoint registered: sender=:1.30 path=/MediaEndpoint/A2DPSink/sbc
Dec 10 17:03:07 mobian bluetoothd[485]: Endpoint registered: sender=:1.30 path=/MediaEndpoint/A2DPSource/sbc
Dec 10 17:22:52 mobian bluetoothd[485]: src/profile.c:ext_connect() Headset Voice gateway failed connect to FC:58:FA:X:X:X: Connection refused (111)
Dec 10 17:22:52 mobian bluetoothd[485]: profiles/audio/avdtp.c:avdtp_connect_cb() connect to FC:58:FA:X:X:X: Permission denied (13)
Dec 10 17:22:56 mobian bluetoothd[485]: profiles/audio/avdtp.c:avdtp_connect_cb() connect to FC:58:FA:X:X:X: Software caused connection abort (103)
Dec 10 17:23:06 mobian bluetoothd[485]: src/profile.c:ext_connect() Headset Voice gateway failed connect to FC:58:FA:X:X:X: Connection refused (111)
Dec 10 17:23:06 mobian bluetoothd[485]: profiles/audio/avdtp.c:avdtp_connect_cb() connect to FC:58:FA:X:X:X: Permission denied (13)

Since this has happened to me numerous times (seemingly completely random), a simple fix is to completely remove the previously setup bluetooth device on the Pinephone, and then readd it from scratch:

Code:
bluetoothctl

In bluetoothctl I entered:

Code:
remove FC:58:FA:X:X:X

After removing the device completely, I was able to reconnect by starting the pair over again from scratch.

I used bluetoothctl (there is also a "Remove Device" under Bluetooth settings in Mobian).

I don't know if this helps anyone or not, but I am sharing in case it helps someone shares the same frustrating problem. Outside this Bluetooth has really improved in functionality (besides the weak connection mentioned in another thread).

To add: I am really happy with the noticeable progress (to think, just a few months ago, no bluetooth headphones were usable, now I rarely experience problems).

Great progress. Now I can listen to Podcasts without a problem (tip: set podcasts to use Lolipop to prevent sound cutouts on 'blankscreen').
Thank you to all contributors! Big Grin
- RTP

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's mind there are few." -Shunryu Suzuki

[ Pinephone Original | Pinetab v1 / v2 Enjoyer ]

Linux Device Privacy / Security Playlist

(12-10-2020, 04:53 PM)RTP Wrote: From time to time my previously well paired bluetooth headphones refuse to keep a connection to my Pinephone.

No matter how many times I rebooted/upgrade, systemctl restart bluetooth, off/on bluetooth back and forth connect attempts repeatedly w/intermittently stopping of bluetooth on the phone. Still, no bluetooth connection sticking (with previously setup and working well bluetooth headphones).

When I viewed systemctl status bluetooth in terminal, I found this (MAC OUI left as is):

Code:
Dec 10 17:03:07 mobian bluetoothd[485]: Endpoint registered: sender=:1.30 path=/MediaEndpoint/A2DPSink/sbc
Dec 10 17:03:07 mobian bluetoothd[485]: Endpoint registered: sender=:1.30 path=/MediaEndpoint/A2DPSource/sbc
Dec 10 17:22:52 mobian bluetoothd[485]: src/profile.c:ext_connect() Headset Voice gateway failed connect to FC:58:FA:X:X:X: Connection refused (111)
Dec 10 17:22:52 mobian bluetoothd[485]: profiles/audio/avdtp.c:avdtp_connect_cb() connect to FC:58:FA:X:X:X: Permission denied (13)
Dec 10 17:22:56 mobian bluetoothd[485]: profiles/audio/avdtp.c:avdtp_connect_cb() connect to FC:58:FA:X:X:X: Software caused connection abort (103)
Dec 10 17:23:06 mobian bluetoothd[485]: src/profile.c:ext_connect() Headset Voice gateway failed connect to FC:58:FA:X:X:X: Connection refused (111)
Dec 10 17:23:06 mobian bluetoothd[485]: profiles/audio/avdtp.c:avdtp_connect_cb() connect to FC:58:FA:X:X:X: Permission denied (13)

Since this has happened to me numerous times (seemingly completely random), a simple fix is to completely remove the previously setup bluetooth device on the Pinephone, and then readd it from scratch:

Code:
bluetoothctl

Code:

After removing the device completely, I was able to reconnect by starting the pair over again from scratch.

I used bluetoothctl (there is also a "Remove Device" under Bluetooth settings in Mobian).

I don't know if this helps anyone or not, but I am sharing in case it helps someone shares the same frustrating problem. Outside this Bluetooth has really improved in functionality (besides the weak connection mentioned in another thread).

To add: I am really happy with the noticeable progress (to think, just a few months ago, no bluetooth headphones were usable, now I rarely experience problems).

Great progress. Now I can listen to Podcasts without a problem (tip: set podcasts to use Lolipop to prevent sound cutouts on 'blankscreen').
Thank you for this, I have been using VLC for podcasts and I get the random bluetooth disconnect. It is with the screen off and is anywhere from 5 to 7 minutes. When I turn the screen back on the sound emits from the speakers but plays, stops, plays, stops, etc. I will try Lolypop, do you also use gPodder?
(02-16-2021, 05:14 AM)mw4jet Wrote:
(12-10-2020, 04:53 PM)RTP Wrote: From time to time my previously well paired bluetooth headphones refuse to keep a connection to my Pinephone.

Code:

Code:
bluetoothctl

Code:

Thank you for this, I have been using VLC for podcasts and I get the random bluetooth disconnect. It is with the screen off and is anywhere from 5 to 7 minutes. When I turn the screen back on the sound emits from the speakers but plays, stops, plays, stops, etc. I will try Lolypop, do you also use gPodder?

Yes, Gpodder for managing my Podcasts and Lolipop is really nice for playing them.  It has a great interface. You can see me using Gpodder and Lolipop starting at 1:47 of this video: https://youtu.be/Z_Cuhuu2xwI

On default app, not only does sound cut on blank screen, another thing I noticed (in the default player on most Phosh) is it doesn't even have a visual representation of the pause/play buttons. So the default player I would have to poke around with my finger until it found the pause button. Huh 

Definitely give Lolipop a look. Smile
- RTP

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's mind there are few." -Shunryu Suzuki

[ Pinephone Original | Pinetab v1 / v2 Enjoyer ]

Linux Device Privacy / Security Playlist

dude .....thanks a lot ....you save me!!!i appretiate it

From time to time my previously well paired bluetooth headphones refuse to keep a connection to my Pinephone.

Code:

Code:
bluetoothctl

Code:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stability problems with 6.1 kernel Zebulon Walton 9 2,396 05-12-2023, 08:09 AM
Last Post: zetabeta
  Bluetooth audio revisited 3x5co 1 1,018 01-10-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  DNS Problems with Mobile Data arno_nuehm 29 16,309 10-29-2022, 09:16 AM
Last Post: treebeard
  Problems after Tow-Boot Dinosaur1946 3 1,649 09-18-2022, 12:48 AM
Last Post: SpaggettiCoder
  Will this battery-saving script cause problems? rp3 1 1,130 08-28-2022, 02:00 PM
Last Post: biketool
  Tow-boot problems and restoring uboot Zebulon Walton 15 7,281 08-14-2022, 11:09 AM
Last Post: shulamy
  Any fix for bluetooth crash when entering pairing password? kk22 0 807 06-18-2022, 07:51 PM
Last Post: kk22
  Blueman GUI Bluetooth Network Access Point - fixing Bridging biketool 12 7,777 05-26-2022, 05:56 AM
  Scripting Bluetooth Hotspot for Mobian biketool 1 1,466 03-20-2022, 03:03 PM
  Bluetooth audio support? Zebulon Walton 5 3,540 02-28-2022, 08:59 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton