LinAdmin2 banned?
Shocked 
I don't religiously follow the forums, what did @LinAdmin2 do to get himself banned?
Probably ran his mouth one too many times.
(11-27-2020, 08:17 AM)patrickmollohan Wrote: Probably ran his mouth one too many times.

I have not seen this. He was very critically obout efforts and situation on Pine's devices. But never any things which are not true
I'd like to know too, just because it seems to go against the philosophy described by @Luke .
His behaviour in private towards myself was appalling. My personal feeling is management  waited far too long to deal with the problem. And don't get me wrong, I am not criticizing management at all. Running a forum for volunteers is not an easy task.I am glad it is not my responsibility.

IMHO
Thank you to management for making the difficult decisions.

LF
https://xkcd.com/1357/
(11-27-2020, 10:48 AM)firefox-58 Wrote:
(11-27-2020, 08:17 AM)patrickmollohan Wrote: Probably ran his mouth one too many times.

I have not seen this. He was very critically obout efforts and situation on Pine's devices. But never any things which are not true

It's one thing to be critical, that's fine and healthy. However, no casual iPhone or Android user accidentally stumbles upon the PinePhone. You know full well what you are getting into when you buy a PinePhone. Yet he continued to claim that Pine64 owed him a working OS (under the false assumption that Pine64 handles the software) and quoted snippets of text from the product page out of context to prove his point. When he was called out for that, he went on the offensive, after which, I did in return. The reason why I'm still here and he isn't: I stopped when I was asked.
After the downvote wars, he continued to be snippy towards moderators, since they didn't take his side. I'm not for censorship, but I'm not sorry to see him go.
(11-27-2020, 07:07 AM)marcih Wrote: I don't religiously follow the forums, what did @LinAdmin2 do to get himself banned?

He seemed to get kicks out of annoying people, he was warned to tone it down and in the end he only had himself to blame
(11-27-2020, 04:55 PM)patrickmollohan Wrote:
(11-27-2020, 10:48 AM)firefox-58 Wrote:

It's one thing to be critical, that's fine and healthy. However, no casual iPhone or Android user accidentally stumbles upon the PinePhone. You know full well what you are getting into when you buy a PinePhone. Yet he continued to claim that Pine64 owed him a working OS (under the false assumption that Pine64 handles the software) and quoted snippets of text from the product page out of context to prove his point. When he was called out for that, he went on the offensive, after which, I did in return. The reason why I'm still here and he isn't: I stopped when I was asked.
After the downvote wars, he continued to be snippy towards moderators, since they didn't take his side. I'm not for censorship, but I'm not sorry to see him go.
I did see him being a bit of an ass on several occasions but nothing ban-worthy; the most he'd do is come into support threads, pasting the same line from the PINE64 shop about the core functionalities of the phone like calling and SMS working and maybe have a bit of a spat with another forum member. It was more funny than anything.

(11-27-2020, 08:01 PM)evilbunny Wrote:
(11-27-2020, 07:07 AM)marcih Wrote: I don't religiously follow the forums, what did @LinAdmin2 do to get himself banned?

He seemed to get kicks out of annoying people, he was warned to tone it down and in the end he only had himself to blame
That's fair. I think a statement from a moderator is enough to solve this mystery.
AFAIK the story I can NOT agree.

I am also very very very disappointed with the usability of the PP as a real world device. We have here Beta releases which can not make or receive calls. and cannot send or receive SMS. And this after months of develoment and selling the phones. If I had known that in end of November the phone can already not act as a phone I had never bought it!

Maybe his tone was a bit more offending, but we never get an appropriate answer of the burning question - would PP become a usable phone - and so I can understand him in his frustration. I do not know what was happening behind the scenes. But the posts I know do not give the reason for a ban.