Where is Mobian. How do you REBOOT Mobian?
Where do I find support forums for Mobian I clicked on "SEARCH" then had to start scrolling my window Searching for the SEARCH box because the page never loaded with my cursor blinking waiting for me to type in my SEARCH query like all other internet sites, once I found and entered Mobian in the SEARCH BOX hit enter waited for the page to load, I discovered SEARCH is anything but SEARCH I found nothing about Mobian I had hoped a simple search for Mobian would point me to the way where I could ask my Mobian .

How do you REBOOT a Pinephone running Mobian nothing is intuitive in Mobian like figuring out how to reboot the operating system, I had to pry the back cover off the Pinephone and pull the battery, I wonder how many more times I can pull the back cover off the Pinephone before the cover no longer works, seems I spend most my time pulling the batter out than actually using the Pinephone, I've had my Pinephone

I typed sudo reboot in the command prompt thingie (forget the name most people, most operating systems call it TERMINAL) hit enter and it did NOTHING the command prompt thingie would respond to every key on the keyboard except for the RETURN key.

I've had my Pinephone since 07-19-2020 and yet been able to take a picture worth saving the quality of the pictures are 10x worse than the worse digital camera I have ever owned.

I have tried 5 different operating systems none can receive or make a successful phone call or take a picture worth saving what is everyone else doing to make the Pinephone a functional cell PHONE?

WHY is anybody wasting time installing apps like a calculator, Chess, Clocks, Calendar, Firefox, document viewer, Fractal, Geary etc. when the phone and camera does not work?

Thanks in advance
Open King's Cross. Reboot with 'sudo init 6'. Halt with 'sudo init 0'. 'sudo shutdown -r now' and 'sudo shutdown -h now' should also work.
Do NOT pull the battery on a booted Pinephone. It can corrupt the modem requiring reflash of the modem firmware. Press the power button for 10 seconds or use the restart pin on the board or the terminal if the OS is functional.

The power off button is in the top right menu of the navbar.

Have you tried Megapixel? It's getting better all the time...
(11-15-2020, 12:13 PM)rocket2nfinity Wrote: Do NOT pull the battery on a booted Pinephone. It can corrupt the modem requiring reflash of the modem firmware. Press the power button for 10 seconds or use the restart pin on the board or the terminal if the OS is functional.

I have had this Pinephone since July of 2020 and have yet to make a successful phone call, text or take a picture none of the operating systems including the one shipped with the phone can perform these simple task.

This is actually a phone, does not seem like it...

I have pulled the battery from the phone at least 50x when it becomes non responsive out of the box it locked up and had to have the battery yanked out this Phone has spent more time getting the battery removed than productive use.

Been waiting for since July of 2020 to use as a simple phone I think its time to start my BUYER BEWARE Campaign against Pine Products in general since there is no solutions and just the run around with the occasional excuse thrown in mix of confusion.

What or where is a Megapixel? https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_S...anjaro_ARM
(02-06-2021, 04:39 PM)K_Research Wrote: I have had this Pinephone since July of 2020 and have yet to make a successful phone call, text or take a picture none of the operating systems including the one shipped with the phone can perform these simple task.

I have pulled the battery from the phone at least 50x when it becomes non responsive out of the box it locked up and had to have the battery yanked out this Phone has spent more time getting the battery removed than productive use.

Been waiting for since July of 2020 to use as a simple phone I think its time to start my BUYER BEWARE Campaign against Pine Products in general since there is no solutions and just the run around with the occasional excuse thrown in mix of confusion.

What or where is a Megapixel? https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_S...anjaro_ARM
What distro are you on? I received my phone a few days ago, and have already have full sms,calls, data, volte ( both from the GUI and terminal) 

Manjaro I had some issues with, but as soon as I switched over to mobian I started progressing. I will later revisit manjaro.  

As CharlieGordon pointed out you can go into kings cross and do:
Code:
sudo shutdown now

I've had some issues where sudo reboot now doesn't actually reboot. so I just use shutdown and manually start it up again for now. 
Another option is from the GUI just click the top bar and hit the power icon.
There is also a hardware reset switch in the back that you can push in with a paperclip or similar tool. Have not tried it myself since there have been no lockups since moving from the pre-installed Manjaro to Mobian. In fact I was surprised how quickly it was possible to have basic functionality for calls and SMS  working (though I normally don't use the latter). Yes there are rough edges but it does basically work. As far as the cameras being low quality I don't care about that. If I want to take pictures I'll use a real camera, not a telephone.
(11-15-2020, 09:40 AM)K_Research Wrote: How do you REBOOT a Pinephone running Mobian?

Thanks in advance

All Pinephones running the POSH interface like Mobian and many others, you shut down or restart by tapping on the top of the screen in the space between the time date and battery icon. When the notification/settings slider drops down you will see a power icon in the top right corner. select that and choose your option, lock screen, shut down, or restart.

Your welcome.

Took me 4 days to figure that out by the way, lol.
(02-06-2021, 04:39 PM)K_Research Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 12:13 PM)rocket2nfinity Wrote: Do NOT pull the battery on a booted Pinephone. It can corrupt the modem requiring reflash of the modem firmware. Press the power button for 10 seconds or use the restart pin on the board or the terminal if the OS is functional.

I have had this Pinephone since July of 2020 and have yet to make a successful phone call, text or take a picture none of the operating systems including the one shipped with the phone can perform these simple task.

That's probably why. Try flashing the new modem firmware and upgrade to the latest mobian or manjaro phosh. I'm using it right now and calls do work both on T-mobile and Verizon. Double check to make sure your internal antenna is connected. There are two test builds in the wiki under OS that can test the hardware to make sure nothing is wrong with the hardware

Megapixel is the camera app

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  can i install mobian on pinephone? luofeiyu 2 1,230 10-15-2022, 07:31 AM
Last Post: user641
Sad New PinePhone Mobian Weekly Image... No Boot photon 1 1,065 09-27-2022, 07:00 AM
Last Post: olyavi
  used PinePhone Mobian CE or PineTab CelynRollins 1 1,559 01-11-2022, 06:31 AM
Last Post: collierreinhold
  Pinephone64 Mobian openvpn setup Harry27 0 1,415 04-26-2021, 09:23 AM
Last Post: Harry27
  Looking to buy a used PinePhone Mobian CE or PineTab alontra 0 1,661 03-04-2021, 06:33 AM
Last Post: alontra
  Mobian Support and bug reporting cybercrypt13 2 3,084 03-02-2021, 09:26 PM
Last Post: cybercrypt13