How long does it take to get a reply in a ticket?
Quote:Anyway, now PayPal has denied my claim because the item was sold in "as is" condition, so I am responsible for the purchase amount.
It looks like your device is dead. The only idea left would be charging the battery in a different phone or charger...

Have you bought it from shop.pine64.org? In this case I suggest you dissent at PayPal.
(10-15-2020, 07:47 AM)LinAdmin2 Wrote:
Quote:Anyway, now PayPal has denied my claim because the item was sold in "as is" condition, so I am responsible for the purchase amount.
It looks like your device is dead. The only idea left would be charging the battery in a different phone or charger...

Have you bought it from shop.pine64.org? In this case I suggest you dissent at PayPal.

Yeah, I bought it from the official Pine64 shop.
On shop.pine64.org there is no text that would prove that this product is sold "as is".

There is only a text saying that those who contest a few defective pixels should not order. (BTW IMHO that text would not allow to refuse a refund in case of a few defective pixels.)

Now in your case, that message from PayPal is not funded at all. I have no experience in such cases but I think that user guides for PayPal say how you can act in such cases.
Maybe some reader here have more knowledge of this special case?
Did you contact tllm?
Put an @ in front of @tllim and he'll be alerted to this thread.
I forgot to alert @tllim m thanks everyone! The replies here have been very helpful Smile
Please note that once filing Paypal dispute, the case solely pending on Paypal judgement and don't expect me to get involved.
(10-16-2020, 11:27 PM)tllim Wrote: Please note that once filing Paypal dispute, the case solely pending on Paypal judgement and don't expect me to get involved.

PayPal case was only created for the lack of response from Pine64. PayPal denied the claim but that does not exent Pine64 from dealing with their obligations:

1. Support tickets have an SLA of 1 day. Ticket was created 11 days ago and still waiting.
2. All board, device, and accessories sold on the Pine Store are entitled to a 30 days Limited Warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. By the time the ticket was created the 30 days Limited Warranty had not yet expired.
3. Under the consumer rights Act of 2015(UK): Within six months of purchase, it’s up to the retailer to prove that you caused the problem with the goods: if they can’t, they’ll have to repair or replace the goods or give you a refund if that’s not possible.

So yes, I do expect you getting involved.
Just to make sure: OP, did you remove the plastic cover from the battery contacts?
(10-18-2020, 03:52 AM)Arehandoro Wrote:
(10-16-2020, 11:27 PM)tllim Wrote: Please note that once filing Paypal dispute, the case solely pending on Paypal judgement and don't expect me to get involved.

3. Under the consumer rights Act of 2015(UK): Within six months of purchase, it’s up to the retailer to prove that you caused the problem with the goods: if they can’t, they’ll have to repair or replace the goods or give you a refund if that’s not possible.

Just to note UK law applies in the UK.

If an item is bought online in EU you may have some of the same rights as the CRA(2015) (it's academic but Pine64 is looking in to setting up an EU store but the UK has left the EU anyway). If you buy online from a country outside the UK and the EU then the laws of that country usually apply so you would need to look at consumer rights laws that exist in the country that sold you the item.