How long does it take to get a reply in a ticket?
Hello,

Has anyone here created a ticket with Pine64 regarding a hardware issue on a device? Specifically, the PinePhone.

Cheers
You will find many posts here of complaints of long waits. How long have you been waiting?
(10-13-2020, 04:33 AM)Arehandoro Wrote: Hello,

Has anyone here created a ticket with Pine64 regarding a hardware issue on a device? Specifically, the PinePhone.

Cheers
You can wait as long as you like. Pine has all kind of measures to gain time so that hopefully you loose interest in following up,
(10-13-2020, 04:47 AM)KC9UDX Wrote: You will find many posts here of complaints of long waits.  How long have you been waiting?
A week.

I don't mind waiting for a fix/solution to my issue, but it would be nice at least a reply to the ticket.

Thanks!

(10-13-2020, 05:31 AM)LinAdmin2 Wrote:
(10-13-2020, 04:33 AM)Arehandoro Wrote: Hello,

Cheers
You can wait as long as you like. Pine has all kind of measures to gain time so that hopefully you loose interest in following up,
Well, my PinePhone shut down a week a go and after trying with a million cables/chargers is I'm unable to bring it back to life. So I doubt I''ll lose any interest Big Grin
@Arehandoro 
If payment at PayPal is less than 6 months ago. I suggest you directly contest that payment in the PayPal refund system and ask for full refund.

The forum has shown that opening a case with pine64.org has no benefit for you.
(10-13-2020, 11:52 AM)LinAdmin2 Wrote: @Arehandoro 
If payment at PayPal is less than 6 months ago. I suggest you directly contest that payment in the PayPal refund system and ask for full refund.

The forum has shown that opening a case with pine64.org has no benefit for you.
Thanks! I'll try to do that Smile
For me, it was a week or so for each reply. I think making a little noise on the forum, reddit, etc., is important for publicity and to let potential customers know what they may well be in for… I was somewhat lucky in that Pine did rectify my problem after three weeks or so, which might have been because it only cost them like a dollar.
If you think you might try for that refund within 6 months, consider that you have months to decide to do that. Let's see if someone here can help you resurrect that phone in the meanwhile. It seems to me that I've read about a problem like this here before. But I don't really know much about the PinePhone. I have better ideas about what I'd do with a Pinebook Pro if it did that.

I'd peruse the PinePhone forums here a and maybe post your symptoms there.

If the situation gets dire, you can call the attention of tllm (simply by putting an @ in front of tllm) and he can help you with a return or refund. But first let's see if we can get it working.
Just put it on a powerful charger and leave it there for some time. The Pinephone loads awfully slow in the beginning. Make sure it doesn´t overheat.
(10-13-2020, 01:55 PM)KC9UDX Wrote: If you think you might try for that refund within 6 months, consider that you have months to decide to do that.  Let's see if someone here can help you resurrect that phone in the meanwhile.  It seems to me that I've read about a problem like this here before.  But I don't really know much about the PinePhone.  I have better ideas about what I'd do with a Pinebook Pro if it did that.

I'd peruse the PinePhone forums here a and maybe post your symptoms there.

If the situation gets dire, you can call the attention of tllm (simply by putting an @ in front of tllm) and he can help you with a return or refund. But first let's see if we can get it working.

I have tried to use 7 different chargers and around 5 cables (all I have at home/office) to not avail. I have taken out the SIM (I didn't have an SD card inside) and the battery, also for the phone to not come back to life. I have left the phone plugged a whole night, with no luck either. Plugging the phone to a computer and running lsusb does not return any information, so I can pretty much think the phone is dead.

Not sure what else to do either. Not only that, not sure what else I want to do even if I'm told more potential tricks/solutions, because fixing hardware issues shouldn't be my task.

Anyway, now PayPal has denied my claim because the item was sold in "as is" condition, so I am responsible for the purchase amount.

So now I'm left with a device that doesn't work, without my money and no consumer protection. What a wonderful day.