Pi-2 bus memory map
will the Pi-2 bus be memory mapped to the same addresses as the original?  it would be a killer feature if you could use unmodified code for the Pi-2 on the pine 64.
(12-11-2015, 06:08 AM)Gravis Wrote: will the Pi-2 bus be memory mapped to the same addresses as the original?  it would be a killer feature if you could use unmodified code for the Pi-2 on the pine 64.

I don't think so, due to both board using different SoC.
(12-11-2015, 06:20 AM)tllim Wrote:
(12-11-2015, 06:08 AM)Gravis Wrote: will the Pi-2 bus be memory mapped to the same addresses as the original?  it would be a killer feature if you could use unmodified code for the Pi-2 on the pine 64.

The address port is fixed but the memory mapping unit can change the address to access it.  I'm asking if someone has or will put in the effort to build a memory map in parity with the peripheral IO.
(12-11-2015, 06:59 AM)Gravis Wrote:
(12-11-2015, 06:20 AM)tllim Wrote:

The address port is fixed but the memory mapping unit can change the address to access it.  I'm asking if someone has or will put in the effort to build a memory map in parity with the peripheral IO.
Noted, I will pass your request to engineering team and takes into consideration.