Dang! PostMarket Convergence Edition Sold Out?
I went to order this today, and it was shown as sold out. If I knew it would, I'd have ordered sooner. Is there a waiting list I can get on? I'd like to get this one. the extra gig of RAM and dock would make me happy. If there's another similar edition with those elements, I'd be good with it as I am probably going to multiboot it anyway, but I'm getting that FOMO feeling and hope to alleviate it.

Thanks guys. Love the forum and community (and hardware, I'm looking to get probably several other devices shortly, just noticed this one was sold out. Will still probably get a few things)
------
it doesn't get happy
it doesn't get sad
it just runs programs
Apparently they sold out shortly after Luke warned they were almost gone, ... several days ago.
I managed to get an order in after reading his warning.
I would venture a guess of three or four more batches before the next Chinese New Year,  but I do not know if there will be any more with the 3gb ram ....
They may offer that again, in one, all, or none of the future batches, they have not given any clues that I have seen.
I've missed out the convergence edition as well....I would LOVE to see a Mobian version with 3Gb of ram next, and maybe an hardware keyboard!!
I guess I'm dreaming...
There has not been any mention,  that I have seen,  about repeating the 3gb of ram 'option'

But they ARE definitely looking at offering an external keyboard for the Pine phone.
The last I heard they have it narrowed down to three candidates, they are trying to pick the best one.

But both items are "OPTIONS" 

The "Convergent Package" was quite a bargain for only $50 USD extra cost.
I have no idea what the keyboard will sell for,  but it will be available in the store . . . .  eventually.

The good news about the keyboard, 
   it should work with all the phones, including all earlier models,  software permitting.
(08-25-2020, 06:45 PM)bcnaz Wrote: There has not been any mention,  that I have seen,  about repeating the 3gb of ram 'option'

But they ARE definitely looking at offering an external keyboard for the Pine phone.
The last I heard they have it narrowed down to three candidates, they are trying to pick the best one.

But both items are "OPTIONS" 

The "Convergent Package" was quite a bargain for only $50 USD extra cost.
I have no idea what the keyboard will sell for,  but it will be available in the store . . . .  eventually.

The good news about the keyboard, 
   it should work with all the phones, including all earlier models,  software permitting.

I guess because the 3Gb option was so popular, they probably will consider to repeat it. At least I hope Big Grin
Well, there's no other options than wait and see...
(08-25-2020, 06:28 PM)deedend Wrote: maybe an hardware keyboard!!

I have been following the pinephone since the first model and bought one recently because the keyboard is in progress and should come (relatively) soon.
I ordered one, back in July 15th, but never heard anything since then. The time I ordered, the shop said, there were some devices in stock.

Is there some kind of special shipment process? I have actually no idea, if a phone is on its way to me or nothing at all? Someone with pinexperience?

Thx guys!
(08-26-2020, 02:45 AM)Zeldax Wrote: I ordered one, back in July 15th, but never heard anything since then. The time I ordered, the shop said, there were some devices in stock.

Is there some kind of special shipment process? I have actually no idea, if a phone is on its way to me or nothing at all? Someone with pinexperience?

Thx guys!

@Zeldax 
Did your purchase show up on your PayPal statement ?
(08-26-2020, 12:44 PM)bcnaz Wrote:
(08-26-2020, 02:45 AM)Zeldax Wrote: I ordered one, back in July 15th, but never heard anything since then. The time I ordered, the shop said, there were some devices in stock.

Thx guys!

@Zeldax 
Did your purchase show up on your PayPal statement ?

Indeed, it did. Payment to "Syabas Technology Hong Kong, Limited", directly on July 15th, and it says:

Quote:PINEPHONE - “Community Edition: PostmarketOS with Convergence Package" Limited Edition Linux SmartPhone

199,99 USD
Artikelnr.: PPHONE-PM2

That's why I's slowly getting suspicious.
(08-28-2020, 01:45 PM)Zeldax Wrote: That's why I's slowly getting suspicious.

PinePhones are currently in the process of shipping. Make sure your email doesn't accidentally mark @pine64.org as spam, and keep an eye out for an email confirming shipment over the weekend/beginning of next week.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  sudo nano file saving pinephone beta edition CharlesGnarley 4 1,601 12-22-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  [SOLD] SELLING: Pinephone 3GB RAM 32GB ROM gerstavros 12 7,003 10-24-2022, 02:51 PM
Last Post: gerstavros
  Tow-boot on Pinephone beta edition saddamus 10 5,278 09-11-2022, 02:43 PM
Last Post: saddamus
Rainbow New Pinephone for sale, Beta w Convergence Package megst 0 736 07-26-2022, 11:40 AM
Last Post: megst
  WTS: (Rarely used) Pinephone Beta Edition with Convergence Package - DHL shipping vatin 3 1,954 05-25-2022, 04:31 PM
Last Post: vatin
  Sold my Pinephone Frankie 3 2,054 05-18-2022, 12:45 AM
Last Post: programmin
  Selling Pinephone PostmarketOS Convergence Edition pentamassiv 0 1,057 03-22-2022, 06:33 PM
Last Post: pentamassiv
  Selling original PinePhone postmarkedOS edition, 3GB RAM, keyboard cover + more ajtakrajta 4 2,825 02-23-2022, 10:34 AM
Last Post: lot378
  Cannot boot from SD on Convergence 3 GB model Natzer 10 5,813 01-24-2022, 05:54 AM
Last Post: wibble
  Selling Pinephone Convergence Edition gibeya6220 0 996 01-03-2022, 05:53 AM
Last Post: gibeya6220