Acrylic Case where does the rubber rings go?
Where do the rubber rings for the bolts go?
1) On the inside
or
2) On the outside

I don't want to screw in the bolts because the sharp edges might scratch the case. Currently I've placed them on the outside

Ex. Screw head>Ring>Acrylic Panel>Rest of the bolt
bolt head|ring|acrylic panel|bolt (OUTSIDE)
or
bolt head | acrylic panel | ring | rest of bolt (INSIDE)
I put mine on the outside of the case..... Make sure that while you're screwing in the bolts, that the acrylic isn't scratched.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Is it a problem if the plastic gets scratched under the screw heads?
(04-28-2016, 07:22 AM)hyperlogos Wrote: Is it a problem if the plastic gets scratched under the screw heads?

I... Have no idea. I put the rubber rings on the outside for now.

Basically if the screw or bolt heads do scratch a ring into the case. Remember that you won't see that scratch as long as you have the case put together. So it hopefully won't be big deal.

I was just curious where the original manufacture intended the rubber rings to be.
(04-28-2016, 12:04 PM)MegaMech Wrote:
(04-28-2016, 07:22 AM)hyperlogos Wrote: Is it a problem if the plastic gets scratched under the screw heads?

I... Have no idea. I put the rubber rings on the outside for now.

Basically if the screw or bolt heads do scratch a ring into the case. Remember that you won't see that scratch as long as you have the case put together. So it hopefully won't be big deal.

I was just curious where the original manufacture intended the rubber rings to be.

Having not seen mine yet I would assume the rubber rings are the feet so that the screws don't scratch your table top. So I guess they go underneath with the screw heads sunk into the rings.

My 2p's worth

Edd
I believe they are for going under the screw heads, in between the head of the screw and the acrylic. It is to protect the acrylic from scratching when you screw it in, or cracking if you over-tighten it.
If I've helped you with something, please leave a rating for my responses.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Purchase wifi/bluetooth board & plexiglass case? faddah 2 5,478 04-03-2016, 04:52 PM
Last Post: faddah