Install And Configure PostmarketOS With Plasma Mobile
https://bloggerbust.ca/post/install_and_...pinephone/

I updated the title of the article as well as the URI because I wanted to be clear that the target platform is the PinePhone. I also updated the section on configuring APN settings. It appears to be important to add a context for both carrier services when your primary carrier is an MVNO. I might update this article a few more times. I am on the road right now so it might take me a while to answer questions.

I hope this article helps someone out there :-)

Happy Hacking!

dustfinger
(06-07-2020, 02:26 PM)dustfinger Wrote: https://bloggerbust.ca/post/install_and_...pinephone/

I updated the title of the article as well as the URI because I wanted to be clear that the target platform is the PinePhone. I also updated the section on configuring APN settings. It appears to be important to add a context for both carrier services when your primary carrier is an MVNO. I might update this article a few more times. I am on the road right now so it might take me a while to answer questions.

I hope this article helps someone out there :-)

Happy Hacking!

dustfinger

Thanks a lot! This is exactly  was I was looking  for, since the configuration  user interface of plasma mobile or phosh are rather limited at this time.
Quote:Thanks a lot! This is exactly  was I was looking  for, since the configuration  user interface of plasma mobile or phosh are rather limited at this time.

Your welcome! I just posted an update that adds more detail to gprs / lte configuration. I also added a section on taking screen shots over serial / SSH in a Qt environment.. I will be updating the article again soon because I would like to add a section on dealing with DNS for the modem via NetworkManager. I also thought that it would be really helpful to show how to update the boot loader without re-deploying.

Thank you for commenting :-)

dustfinger.
(06-16-2020, 09:35 PM)dustfinger Wrote:
Quote:Thanks a lot! This is exactly  was I was looking  for, since the configuration  user interface of plasma mobile or phosh are rather limited at this time.

Your welcome! I just posted an update that adds more detail to gprs / lte configuration. I also added a section on taking screen shots over serial / SSH in a Qt environment.. I will be updating the article again soon because I would like to add a section on dealing with DNS for the modem via NetworkManager. I also thought that it would be really helpful to show how to update the boot loader without re-deploying.

Thank you for commenting :-)

dustfinger.
Thanks a lot again. I was able to configure the headset via alsa and LTE. It worked like a charm. Too bad angelfish does not work for the moment.
(06-21-2020, 06:16 AM)fernando_c_m Wrote: Thanks a lot again. I was able to configure the headset via alsa and LTE. It worked like a charm. Too bad angelfish does not work for the moment.

No problem. I made a final update today. Mostly on the IP allocation section. I am working on a new post that will be out early next week. I won't have much time to work on it today though because it is Father's day in Canada and I will be busy playing No Thank You Evil with my wife and kids :-P

Oh, I also updated the SMS section because Spacebar started working for me :-)

Cheers!

dustfinger.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gnome mobile user641 1 478 01-06-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  NextCloud Gnome Mobile Uturn 4 1,015 12-03-2023, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  Fresh install pmos+phosh does not boot user641 1 427 10-08-2023, 04:04 AM
Last Post: user641
  Plasma mobile latest stable @pp1.2b voice calling audio issue n05ph3r42 3 683 10-03-2023, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  How to include desktop file and icon in a postmarketos package patrickMcDonald 0 473 07-27-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: patrickMcDonald
  Install 9999 packages AndyM 0 471 07-24-2023, 01:07 AM
Last Post: AndyM
  Can't install powersupply user641 0 416 07-18-2023, 08:09 AM
Last Post: user641
  installed postmarketos v23.06 no audio samlo 1 700 07-14-2023, 12:53 AM
Last Post: samlo
  Scanning with PostmarketOS AndyM 1 663 07-01-2023, 08:16 AM
  Trying to install Mousai AndyM 0 491 06-10-2023, 08:25 AM