Preferred distro in Feb 2020?
Hi folks,
What is the best distro as of today for the original Pinebook/1080p in terms of features available? Does hardware acceleration, suspend, wifi, etc. landed in the kernel?

It seems the major focus is the Pinebook Pro those days but I'm wonder what can be done with the original Pinebook.

Thanks.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk
I (still) like KDE Neon very much. It is very stylish, bells, whisles, all included... and it clearly shows all the limitations you may expect - plus some more. But it is very stylish Wink
I've been messing around with the UBPorts daily images for the PB1080, and they work pretty well (though some don't boot.)
Kali Smile https://www.offensive-security.com/kali-...rm-images/
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

The most basic feature like wireless doesn't work with Kali. It's also slow like hell. Useless.
The best distro so far in April 2020 to me is Manjaro i3. The only thing I miss is the option to have FDE.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk
> The best distro so far in April 2020 to me is Manjaro i3.

Which version? How did you install it?
I am asking because I struggle with installation of latest Manjaro i3 (20.04.1).
(04-21-2020, 12:18 AM)svenh Wrote: > The best distro so far in April 2020 to me is Manjaro i3.

I am asking because I struggle with installation of latest Manjaro i3 (20.04.1).

The emmc installer with the latest version worked for me (I'm talking about regular pinebook, no pinebook pro)
(04-21-2020, 06:43 AM)e-minguez Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 12:18 AM)svenh Wrote: > The best distro so far in April 2020 to me is Manjaro i3.

The emmc installer with the latest version worked for me (I'm talking about regular pinebook, no pinebook pro)

Do you have a link for the emmc installer? (Just to be sure we mean the same thing :-) )
(04-21-2020, 07:23 AM)svenh Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 06:43 AM)e-minguez Wrote:

Do you have a link for the emmc installer? (Just to be sure we mean the same thing :-) )

https://osdn.net/projects/manjaro-arm/st....04.img.xz

I guess it is no longer the latest version Smile