Custom fees
Hi,

I would like to know what is going to happen about custom fees. I (amongst other good things) ordered A64+ because on the Kickstarter page I read:

Quote:Global Logistics

We are working with highly experienced logistic partners to help us mitigate any issues that may arise with our fulfillment. If shipping issues come up, their expert knowledge will help us navigate through difficulties and help us get PINE64 into your hands. We will be fulfilling from multiple distribution warehouses to reach global coverage and currently plan to ship to every country in the world. TL's previous company Syabas Technologies behind the Popcorn Hour media box has shipped more than half a million units globally.

From this single phrase
Quote:We will be fulfilling from multiple distribution warehouses to reach global coverage and currently plan to ship to every country in the world

I understood it was being sent from several warehouses, and it included one or more in Europe to avoid custom fees to people inside EU.

Please, be clear about it, because customs can be a very expensive add to my cart... Is Europe going to have at least one warehouse or we must be ready to face that problem?

Best Regards,
drag00n
Hi,

3 days and nobody from PINE64 Inc, updated this post about warehouses/customs info...
I understand that you are involved and busy with this big project, but this is a very important info for me and I think that also for some members of this community, as the board can cost up to 3 times its original money (Customs in Spain if stopped for inspection are ~22EUR + VAT).

Please, shed some light about it, be it good or bad news.

Thanks in advance,
drag00n
(01-06-2016, 11:21 AM)drag00n Wrote: Hi,

3 days and nobody from PINE64 Inc, updated this post about warehouses/customs info...
I understand that you are involved and busy with this big project, but this is a very important info for me and I think that also for some members of this community, as the board can cost up to 3 times its original money (Customs in Spain if stopped for inspection are ~22EUR + VAT).

Thanks in advance,
drag00n

Not intent to ignore, my  focus more on the technical discussion. As my understanding, for the custom fee and VAT, this should be receiver and their country regulation responsibility, this is common practice.

(01-06-2016, 11:38 AM)tllim Wrote:

Thanks in advance,
drag00n

Not intent to ignore, my  focus more on the technical discussion. As my understanding, for the custom fee and VAT, this should be receiver and their country regulation responsibility, this is common practice.
Our shipping department canl assist on custom declaration to ease of custom clearance and lighten receiver burden.

Thanks in advance,
drag00n

Thanks in advance,
drag00n

Our shipping department canl assist on custom declaration to ease of custom clearance and lighten receiver burden.

Thanks for answering, but my question was oriented towards warehouse placement, not customs itself (I know my country customs, as I already posted its cost...). But thanks about that anyways.

I was trying to know if warehouse placement was going to make things easy for people in EU about customs, 'cause customs doesnt exists inside EU...

If you don't know it's ok... I just wanted to know cause its a big deal if shipment gets stopped, given the fact that its cost is way bigger than 1 PINE64.

Thanks.
(01-06-2016, 11:52 AM)drag00n Wrote:

Thanks in advance,
drag00n

Thanks in advance,
drag00n

Thanks for answering, but my question was oriented towards warehouse placement, not customs itself (I know my country customs, as I already posted its cost...). But thanks about that anyways.

I was trying to know if warehouse placement was going to make things easy for people in EU about customs, 'cause customs doesnt exists inside EU...

If you don't know it's ok... I just wanted to know cause its a big deal if shipment gets stopped, given the fact that its cost is way bigger than 1 PINE64.

Thanks.

There is some proposal and discussion about EU warehouse placement, but I don't think will be happen during Kickstarter period.
In practice, a package may be stopped if it is sent by courier (like DHL).
Normal post should be OK.
(01-07-2016, 04:42 AM)taros Wrote: In practice, a package may be stopped if it is sent by courier (like DHL).
Normal post should be OK.

By default, we use EMS post service.
I don't think thats a fully true statement, taros.
EMS also gets stopped on customs.

Nevermind tllim, I'll wait until last days of kickstarter and based on last updates about warehousing, allwinner linux support, amongst other important features IMO, and decide to keep my back or not.

Thanks,
drag00n.
(01-09-2016, 06:12 PM)drag00n Wrote: I don't think thats a fully true statement, taros.

Nevermind tllim, I'll wait until last days of kickstarter and based on last updates about warehousing, allwinner linux support, amongst other important features IMO, and decide to keep my back or not.

Thanks,
drag00n.

Noted. I try to make my best effort and make sure Pine64 is a success platform.
(01-09-2016, 09:46 PM)tllim Wrote:
(01-09-2016, 06:12 PM)drag00n Wrote: I don't think thats a fully true statement, taros.

Thanks,
drag00n.

Noted. I try to make my best effort and make sure Pine64 is a success platform.

Although I know I sound rude, I'm sure you are making your best effort, and I also hope it is a success...

Thakns ,
drag00n

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shipping courier and duties/fees Informatica 18 24,626 02-07-2018, 09:30 AM
Last Post: rv.pine