Etcher, the superior burning choice!
Rufus is great - I used it at home, but I use Etcher at work (Mac based environment). I would recommend these two.
I've used Win32diskimager an Unetbootin back in the day, but always found them user-unfriendly.
(08-12-2019, 09:03 AM)MrTester Wrote: BUMP, Any update on usage of etcher burning from PB?

My main reason is due to not always having a reliable SD card reader around (if I am tinkering at work) I may have to find some time to work on this myself.

I am also looking forward on the ARM64 based echther.
When is ARM64 supposed to come out?
(10-14-2019, 05:23 AM)Samber Wrote: When is ARM64 supposed to come out?

According to the changelog v1.4.0 added arm64 / armv8 / aarch64 support in the build scripts. No prebuilt packages for any of them, but the devs state you can build it yourself. They link here as a guide. No proposed releases yet, though. Sad
(10-15-2019, 09:50 AM)tophneal Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 05:23 AM)Samber Wrote: When is ARM64 supposed to come out?

According to the changelog v1.4.0 added arm64 / armv8 / aarch64 support in the build scripts. No prebuilt packages for any of them, but the devs state you can build it yourself. They link here as a guide. No proposed releases yet, though. Sad

Please see here:

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=8318
I noticed it in the AUR the other week before using Gnome disks to write an image on the PBP. It's great that it's available for aarch64 now!
(12-08-2019, 04:49 PM)tophneal Wrote: I noticed it in the AUR the other week before using Gnome disks to write an image on the PBP. It's great that it's available for aarch64 now!

Now people can try out different operating systems more easily using only the PBP itself   Smile

I would also like to see two things:

1. A version of the Pine64 Installer (which is based on Etcher) that runs on Pine computers.
2. A version of the Pine64 Installer that lists the the Pinebook Pro under "Please select your board".
Thanks for the information.
Etcher can have a problem verifying the flash when running under Windows 10.  If the image being flashed contains a Windows partition (the Raspberry Pi Raspbian image is an example) then as soon as the flash is completed Windows 10 will see the partition and can access it and sometimes updates the system files on that partition. This change causes the checksum verification to fail.  The explanation and how to avoid it can be found here:

https://forums.balena.io/t/checksums-do-not-match/36537

Hugh
Thas good, seem to be a interesting project, with ideas.