Rock64 Stereo Audio DAC add-on board
Hi folks! Total newbie here. Got 2 Rock64. One with 4g, the other, 1g. Then I got the stereo audio DAC board. Been having a fairly good time messing around with the Rock64s, but, I cannot seem to find ANY information regarding the DAC board. And since I am a TOTAL newbie, what the heck is a DAC and PLEASE don't start spewing all of those three  or four letter acronyms describing what it is, what it has, or what it does. All that is just wasted on me.
Just please just tell me what I can do with it. Currently I have it stuck on top of the 1g board (properly on the right pins) just waiting for it to do whatever it is that it does. There is just no documentation, that I have found, that actually delves into how to use it. If there is anyone "out there" who can point  me the right direction, I will be grateful. Thank you all for this forum. 

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. Big Grin
(02-04-2019, 09:09 PM)Hukmut Wrote: Hi folks! Total newbie here. Got 2 Rock64. One with 4g, the other, 1g. Then I got the stereo audio DAC board. Been having a fairly good time messing around with the Rock64s, but, I cannot seem to find ANY information regarding the DAC board. And since I am a TOTAL newbie, what the heck is a DAC and PLEASE don't start spewing all of those three  or four letter acronyms describing what it is, what it has, or what it does. All that is just wasted on me.
Just please just tell me what I can do with it. Currently I have it stuck on top of the 1g board (properly on the right pins) just waiting for it to do whatever it is that it does. There is just no documentation, that I have found, that actually delves into how to use it. If there is anyone "out there" who can point  me the right direction, I will be grateful. Thank you all for this forum. 

The DAC add-on board is an analog HiFi audio board, can pair with volumio build and becomes a music server solution.
(02-06-2019, 06:09 PM)tllim Wrote:
(02-04-2019, 09:09 PM)Hukmut Wrote: Hi folks! Total newbie here. Got 2 Rock64. One with 4g, the other, 1g. Then I got the stereo audio DAC board. Been having a fairly good time messing around with the Rock64s, but, I cannot seem to find ANY information regarding the DAC board. And since I am a TOTAL newbie, what the heck is a DAC and PLEASE don't start spewing all of those three  or four letter acronyms describing what it is, what it has, or what it does. All that is just wasted on me.

The DAC add-on board is an analog HiFi audio board, can pair with volumio build and becomes a music server solution.

What is Volumio doing that nobody else can? Is it at all possible to use the ES9023 DAC board on a Rock64 with any other distribution. I would like to be able to play audio from a normal distribution that is not a headless audio specific project. How can I setup the Rock64 to play audio without Volumio?

Hi Hukmut,

DAC —> Digital to Analog Converter.

I am only investigating the Rock64 boards and don’t currently have one.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are HW design files available for ROCK64? irenek 3 4,513 12-11-2023, 09:31 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Rock64 is unreliable after 3 years of service - power problem? ReleaseTheGeese 0 276 11-23-2023, 05:05 AM
Last Post: ReleaseTheGeese
  Rock64 PoE compatbility with Pi4 Hatt recent Single Board Computer offering from PINE kharak 1 966 04-26-2023, 11:38 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Case for the rock64 that supports the POE hat. o1CRiMSON1o 0 574 03-21-2023, 03:48 PM
Last Post: o1CRiMSON1o
Brick Rock64 usb2.0 Power Control Floating GPIO Tutorial Files & Notes MarkHaysHarris777 6 13,036 01-15-2023, 10:36 AM
Last Post: ds00
  rock64 totally brick dakobg 2 1,637 11-07-2022, 05:45 PM
Last Post: olivercfc
  Audio Pot Board Questions vfr400racer 4 2,940 10-11-2022, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Roberto2020
  3D-Printable Button Pegs for the ROCK64 Aluminium Case CounterPillow 2 3,407 08-04-2022, 01:31 AM
Last Post: Vicky Weimann PhD
  Where can I find the ROCK64 POE HAT Zoz 2 2,487 06-08-2022, 12:44 AM
Last Post: Zoz
Smile wooden case for ROCK64 killor 13 16,162 03-04-2022, 06:56 AM
Last Post: killor