OMV over Ubuntu 18.04 LXDE Desktop
Exclamation 
Hello members.
My question: Is it possible to install OMV in addition to Ubuntu 18.04 LXDE Desktop?
So, for example, all programs like can use ---> (etc Scratch, tungsten, LibreOffice, web browser ....). And beside it OMV !?

I use a Raspberry Pi 3B + / Raspbian Stretch with desktop / Debian. It works without problems !!!

Is this synonymous with RockPRO64 / Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic LXDE Desktop aarch64 [microSD / eMMC Boot] [0.7.9] ???

[Image: 2NvnH.jpg] xrdp Remote Desktop. That's the way it should be.

I used this: Install OMV3 on Debian for Raspbian. Does this work with RockPro64?

Please help!
Nobody can help me?
Because this question not about pine board, it's common question about Linux.You can do everything you want with installed Linux.
I recommend install omv image and execute command: install_desktop.sh lxde. Source: https://github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux-p...desktop.sh It will install lxde on omv.
(11-30-2018, 10:42 AM)lybin Wrote: Because this question not about pine board, it's common question about Linux.You can do everything you want with installed Linux.
I recommend install omv image and execute command: install_desktop.sh lxde. Source: https://github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux-p...desktop.sh It will install lxde on omv.

Hello, thanks for the answer.

I expect a shipment of RockPro64.
With Raspberry Pi was just an example.

OMV has its own xrdp Remote Desktop, I know that. But it is completely "naked" without Libreoffice etc. you have to install everything by hand.
Therefore the question if OMV can install under RockPRO64 / Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic LXDE Desktop aarch64 [microSD / eMMC Boot] [0.7.9], so that everything is there immediately.

RockPro64 does not support Debian Stretch Desktop. Is an image planned for RockPro64 Debian Stretch Desktop?
Here is what I'd do: flash the OMV 32bit image and install a desktop (lxde) on it. But, to be honest, mixing server and desktop functionality isnt ideal ...
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(11-30-2018, 02:28 PM)Luke Wrote: Here is what I'd do: flash the OMV 32bit image and install a desktop (lxde) on it. But, to be honest, mixing server and desktop functionality isnt ideal ...

What reason or complications are to be expected when, e.g. OMV with desktop (lxde) mixes / runs together.

Is the OpenMediaVaul Stretch armhf [microSD / eMMC Boot] [0.7.9] the right image for RockPro64?
Perhaps lets start with a simple question - what do you want to achieve? Do you want to set up a few simple shares and some basic services, etc ?
What do you want / need the desktop for ?
If I better understand what you want to do with the board then perhaps I'll be able to give you a more educated suggestion.

(11-30-2018, 03:15 PM)Luke Wrote: Perhaps lets start with a simple question - what do you want to achieve? Do you want to set up a few simple shares and some basic services, etc ?
What do you want / need the desktop for ?
If I better understand what you want to do with the board then perhaps I'll be able to give you a more educated suggestion.

1: First of all a fast network is very important to me (upload / download -> Windows to NAS and back) for that I thought OMV. A 4TB HDD 3.5 Seagate + 500 GB HDD 2.5 is connected to the PCI-e to Dual SATA II interface card.
2: FTP & Samba SMB / CIFS (via OMV)
3: Media Streaming (Audio / Video) via DLNA and Plex. (via OMV)
4: Nextcloud with Nginx (via OMV)
5: Mysql for Nextcloud etc.
6: Transmission and Transmission GUI.
The desktop should be used for external programs.
All this should be controlled via Remote Desktop.
7: Firefox / Chromium
8: MKV Toolnix GUI.
9: JDownloader.
HDMI + TV
10: As a multimedia Kodi should serve via HDMI.

In addition, open VPN runs in the background
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------
Currently I am using a Raspberry Pi 3B + / Raspbian Stretch with desktop. Everything mentioned above works 100%, except the fast network. (only 15Mb/s up / dow) and performance weak.

That's why I have ROCKPro64 4GB Single Board Computer + 12V 5A EU POWER SUPPLY + 20mm Mid Profile Heatsink + Metal Desktop / NAS Casing + Fan for ROCKPro64 Metal Desktop / NAS Casing + PCI-e to Dual SATA II Interface Card + 64GB eMMC Module + USB Adapter for eMMC Module + Fan for ROCKPro64 20mm Mid Profile Heatsink ordered.
Because of 1GB network and PCI-e to dual SATA II interface card for HDD. In the hopefully faster transfer and performance.
Since you want to do quite a few server/ NAS things then the simplest thing is still to go with 32bit OMV image (you linked the correct one) and use the RDP plugin for remote desktop stuff (works quite well). That would cover everything minus KODI - not sure how you'd go about that.

The obvious alternative is to use the desktop ubuntu 18.04 image and install all the services you'd like. FTP, SMB, Nextcloud, Transmission and JDownloader would be easy. Installing Plex would be a pain in the behind from what I've heard and with KODI you'd have to get all the bits and pieces you need for video acceleration.

What I'd probably do, however, would be to run the (very stable) LibreELEC alpha and spin up a Debian install in Docker - from there I'd set up OMV. I bet it would work well too. It gives you full KODI on TV and a full debian with OMV.

(12-01-2018, 05:03 PM)Luke Wrote: That would cover everything minus KODI - not sure how you'd go about that.
[Image: 2NMwc.jpg]  At the moment with me so: RasPi with HDMI with TV connected. If I want to access KODI, I press the icon. For quit, press exit and come back to the desktop.  Idea  (*1)

(12-01-2018, 05:03 PM)Luke Wrote: The obvious alternative is to use the desktop ubuntu 18.04 image and install all the services you'd like. FTP, SMB, Nextcloud, Transmission and JDownloader would be easy. Installing Plex would be a pain in the behind from what I've heard and with KODI you'd have to get all the bits and pieces you need for video acceleration.
If here are big problems I'll let the whole.
(12-01-2018, 05:03 PM)Luke Wrote: What I'd probably do, however, would be to run the (very stable) LibreELEC alpha and spin up a Debian install in Docker - from there I'd set up OMV. I bet it would work well too. It gives you full KODI on TV and a full debian with OMV.
I'm not a big fan of Docker, but that sounds great at first. I think the performance is (a bit) reduced with Docker?
Do you have any installation instructions for Docker under LibreELEC alpha? I test.

(12-01-2018, 05:03 PM)Luke Wrote: run the (very stable) LibreELEC alpha
The others are not stable? Huh

Idea  (*1) I saw that AUTO-STARTING can do KODI AT BOOT. Is it possible with RockPro64 with image OMV? On TV always / permanently KODI runs? But will probably consume a lot of RAM / CPU?!?

How to behave 40 pin PI-2 GPIO bus with OMV image. Everything will be compatible (RaspberryPi GPIO). I can remember that you first have to install in order to be able to address GPIO. Or am I completely wrong / other topic.
Code:
sudo apt-get install python-pip
sudo apt-get install python-dev python-rpi.gpio

Sorry for my bad English. Confused (Google Translator) 
Have already experienced a lot of new. Thank you for your help, it is very helpful.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  screen reader Orca on Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic LXDE Desktop 32bit bluciano 0 1,953 05-07-2020, 03:31 AM
Last Post: bluciano
Shocked how install pip3 on ubuntu 18.04 huat99 3 4,782 04-30-2019, 08:20 PM
Last Post: evilbunny
  how install remote desktop on ubuntu 18.04 for rockpro64 huat99 0 1,816 04-30-2019, 08:14 PM
Last Post: huat99
  login to GUI desktop hangs when PCIe SSD is plugged in grimace 3 5,119 04-24-2019, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Luke
Sad System hang when login ubuntu desktop with NVMe SSD plugged chiang404 9 11,323 04-09-2019, 04:45 PM
Last Post: axelf
  Desktop distro and pcie nvme ssd futurejones 2 3,904 03-16-2019, 12:41 AM
Last Post: futurejones