No-Carrier
No matter what I do I can't get ethernet link up. I have tried three different distorts of *nix, including FreeBSD, Ambrian and Xenial with no luck. , three different cables, all known good and two working ethernet switches. What am I missing?
(08-17-2018, 12:28 AM)SteveG Wrote: No matter what I do I can't get ethernet link up. I have tried three different distorts of *nix, including FreeBSD, Ambrian and Xenial with no luck. , three different cables, all known good and two working ethernet switches. What am I missing?

OK, let me ask this another way - What have people had to do to bring up networking on the Sopine modules on a cluster board? If they just comes up then I guess I have a faulty one but perhaps I have not had the secret explained and there is some arcane magic I need to know before the board will see a carrier on the ethernet port?
I have the same issue, no lights on the port at all
(08-30-2018, 06:01 AM)axledwarf Wrote: I have the same issue, no lights on the port at all

I have a support call open but they keep asking me if I have DHCP on my network and are other systems able to get an IP address. I keep pointing out that there is no Ethernet Link present, hence the no-carrier and so that question is irrelevant. They don't get it and I'm getting pretty frustrated - I don't think they can resolve this so I'm asking them to refund for 1 Clusterboard, 7 Sopine modules and a power supply.

A real shame as if this had worked I'd have been buying several such sets...

Steve
Same issue with support. I assume it is faulty so ordered another, will RMA this one for a refund if the second works.
(08-31-2018, 09:04 PM)axledwarf Wrote: Same issue with support. I assume it is faulty so ordered another, will RMA this one for a refund if the second works.

Be interested to hear if the next one works. They may have a bad batch.
(09-01-2018, 04:28 AM)SteveG Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 09:04 PM)axledwarf Wrote: Same issue with support. I assume it is faulty so ordered another, will RMA this one for a refund if the second works.

Be interested to hear if the next one works. They may have a bad batch.

All the clusterboard has been tested by engineer.

Lets starts with one SOPine module on clusterboard first:

1. Program the microSD card using etcher, download OS build from this link: https://github.com/ayufan-pine64/linux-b...118.img.xz

2. Plug in the microSD card to SOPIne module and then plug in the SOPine module to clusterboard

3. Power up the clusterboard, you will observe green link light up on the SOPine module. If there is no green light on SOPine module, this means your clusterboard not power up.

4. Then check whether there is network traffic by observing the network LED on clusterboard.

5. If there is, then repeat for the rest of SOPine modules.
Yup, Have done all this. I get the LED for the Sopine module but no network traffic and no Ethernet link light. Have used this build and other builds that people have reported work with Ethernet. The OS reports NO-Carrier and nothing brings up the ethernet. I have also tried three of the Sopine modules so I'm pretty confident it is the cluster board.
Same issue as I have possibly, I can see plenty of activity on the sopine modules, but no link or activity. Board is powered up fine and the OS is booting nicely.
Hold the fort! I just plugged in the patch cable AFTER the pine cluster board was powered on, with one fully booted Sopine module in place and the networking came to life! Still a bit of a problem as if that is a design decision it stinks, but at least I have a board to carry on test and development on!

Now I just need to figure out if this is deliberate, a design failure or a bug in just my board...