Source code Android
The SDK for RPro64 (as well as R64) is now up on the wiki
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(07-09-2018, 12:55 PM)Luke Wrote: The SDK for RPro64 (as well as R64) is now up on the wiki

Thank you Luke!

What about the build procedure and how to create an SD card image?
(07-10-2018, 05:33 AM)licux Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 12:55 PM)Luke Wrote: The SDK for RPro64 (as well as R64) is now up on the wiki

Thank you Luke!

What about the build procedure and how to create an SD card image?

Way over my head Wink
BUT, if someone knows how to then please add it to wiki in an appropriate please. Do remember, the wiki is ope to all registered forum members.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Is there anyone who can write how to build SDK on wiki...?
(07-22-2018, 05:17 AM)licux Wrote: Is there anyone who can write how to build SDK on wiki...?

Is there anyone who could build the SDK and update the image?
I tried update, but I cannot do this.

If someone know the method, could you teach me that...
Hi,

I didn't find SDK on the Wiki, may someone provide a link?

Thanx in Adbance.
(03-21-2019, 09:16 AM)rudyit Wrote: Hi,

I didn't find SDK on the Wiki, may someone provide a link?

Thanx in Adbance.

Maybe you already found it. But for those who haven't yet, here is the link.

http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/ROCKPro...ndroid_SDK
First as I am new in this community a Hello from Austria to everyone.

I have purchased a few Rockpro64 4GB boards to see if they would be suitable to be used as a digital signage player on Android base.

I would like to share my opinion and get also inputs from you out there.

So my finding so far:
My setup:
Rockpro64 4GB RAM Version (from pine shop)
32GB eMMC (from pine shop)
Rockpro64 Premium alluminium case (from pine store)
PSU: 5 A Eu-Plug (frome pine store)

I flashed Android with the RK Android tool (note: The tool link in the instruction points to an old Version, this works still for the 7.1 image but not for 8.1 _> will not boot, I downloaded the latest Version from Rockchip this works)

Positives:
The board is affortabe and seems (first view) to be a really good design. The case is just really really nice.
The device I build with above is fast, and with that case really beautyful--> with some mods like VESA bracket it can be used for professionlal usage, the passive cooling is sufficiant with this case as well.

Negatives:
The stock firmwares are.. hmm lets say there is room for improvements. I have tested meanwhile a coupple of RK3399 devices and boards so i have comparation.

Both Stock images have the same issues, for which I filed also a support ticket with pine today.

Here the list of the issues I have so far, if anyone could help me with some of them. I believe there should be others hving the same issues.

1.) HDMI Screenresolution is not working,it seems to be also fixed to your LCD resolution. (I need to change it in adb shell with wm size 1920x1080 -> not practical Standard Android is able to detect the Monitor and set resolution, this is clearly a bug in the Stock firmware.

2.) Screenrotation is not working (maybe workarrounds with set buildprobb ... ) is a big bug too.

3.) A very big issue an a show stopper its not possible to enable chrome webview in webview implementation even in android 8.1 where the standard webview should be chrome by default. The android.system.webview.apk is really bad, and outdated.

4.) no root, for apps and nowhere a tutorial how to root.

5.) Security patches. there are no updates provided and therefore they are dangerous old. How is this covered with your stockfirmware going forward.

6.) Android 8.1 SDK still not available for download, so building improved firmware ourself is also not possible.

looking forward for your inputs ;-)
(03-28-2019, 12:07 PM)joek Wrote: First as I am new in this community a Hello from Austria to everyone.

I have purchased a few Rockpro64 4GB boards to see if they would be suitable to be used as a digital signage player on Android base.

So my finding so far:
My setup:
32GB eMMC  (from pine shop)

I flashed Android with the RK Android tool  (note: The tool link in the instruction points to an old Version, this works still for the 7.1 image but not for 8.1 _> will not boot, I downloaded the latest Version from Rockchip this works)

Positives:
The board is affortabe and seems (first view) to be a really good design. The case is just really really nice.
The device I build with above is fast, and with that case really beautyful--> with some mods like VESA bracket it can be used for professionlal usage, the passive cooling is sufficiant with this case as well.

Negatives:
The stock firmwares are.. hmm lets say there is room for improvements. I have tested meanwhile a coupple of RK3399 devices and boards so i have comparation.

Both Stock images have the same issues, for which I filed also a support ticket with pine today.

Here the list of the issues I have so far, if anyone could help me with some of them. I believe there should be others hving the same issues.

1.) HDMI Screenresolution is not working,it seems to be also fixed to your LCD resolution. (I need to change it in adb shell with wm size 1920x1080 -> not practical  Standard  Android is able to detect the Monitor and set resolution, this is clearly a bug in the Stock firmware.

2.) Screenrotation is not working (maybe workarrounds with set buildprobb ... ) is a big bug too.

3.) A very big issue an a show stopper its not possible to enable chrome webview in webview implementation even in android 8.1 where the standard webview should be chrome by default. The android.system.webview.apk is really bad, and outdated.

5.) Security patches. there are no updates provided and therefore they are dangerous old. How is this covered with your stockfirmware going forward.

6.) Android 8.1 SDK still not available for download, so building improved firmware ourself is also not possible.

Radxa already released Android 9 SDK for RK3399.
Maybe you can use it to build firmware for RockPro64 since there is not even an Android 8 one?
https://gitlab.com/rockchip-group
(03-28-2019, 09:21 PM)Blinky Wrote:
(03-28-2019, 12:07 PM)joek Wrote: First as I am new in this community a Hello from Austria to everyone.

So my finding so far:
My setup:
32GB eMMC  (from pine shop)

I flashed Android with the RK Android tool  (note: The tool link in the instruction points to an old Version, this works still for the 7.1 image but not for 8.1 _> will not boot, I downloaded the latest Version from Rockchip this works)

Positives:

Negatives:

1.) HDMI Screenresolution is not working,it seems to be also fixed to your LCD resolution. (I need to change it in adb shell with wm size 1920x1080 -> not practical  Standard  Android is able to detect the Monitor and set resolution, this is clearly a bug in the Stock firmware.

Radxa already released Android 9 SDK for RK3399.
Maybe you can use it to build firmware for RockPro64 since there is not even an Android 8 one?
https://gitlab.com/rockchip-group

Thanx, definately wirth a look. 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Difficulty installing Android on Rockpro64 spammycheese 0 2,683 02-17-2023, 05:31 AM
Last Post: spammycheese
  Using Android and the Playstore grobbs 0 2,590 06-04-2022, 12:18 AM
Last Post: grobbs
  Android TV miguelangelaj 2 2,880 06-03-2022, 11:23 AM
Last Post: miguelangelaj
  Control Fan in Android miguelangelaj 2 2,361 06-03-2022, 11:22 AM
Last Post: miguelangelaj
  Slash TV Android for RockPro64 Wizzard 12 10,778 04-24-2022, 08:13 AM
Last Post: Rocklobster
  DRM support in Android Wizzard 2 2,612 02-03-2022, 09:16 PM
Last Post: Johnmo89
  Install Playstore on Android 8.1.0 Domo 14 24,488 04-16-2021, 02:13 AM
Last Post: Wizzard
  Install Playstore on Android 7.1.2 Domo 6 13,819 04-16-2021, 02:10 AM
  Kodi crashing in Android 9 Wizzard 2 3,928 04-16-2021, 02:03 AM
  Install Playstore on Android 9 image ddimension 18 27,458 02-13-2021, 12:52 AM
Last Post: chisteven