Use Rock64 as a firewall?
#1
I have searched all over the internet to find a way to turn a Rock64 into a firewall for my home network. I'm not having much luck.
Does anyone know if this is possible? I came across this https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=5248&page=2 and followed all the directions. Installed and running the OS but but I can not get the second NIC "USB3 to Ethernet" to connect.
I was hoping to run pfsense and some sort of web filtering. Any ideas?
#2
(05-27-2018, 06:02 AM)Dayve Wrote: Does anyone know if this is possible? I came across this https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=5248&page=2 and followed all the directions. Installed and running the OS but but I can not get the second NIC "USB3 to Ethernet" to connect.

When you plug the usb nic in, does anything show in dmesg or /var/log/syslog ?


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rock64 v2.0 u-boot SPI issues ju0n 1 976 09-25-2026, 11:19 PM
Last Post: mysy
  Rock64 No Audio @ Debian 12 dmitrymyadzelets 2 6,296 04-08-2024, 06:47 AM
Last Post: dmitrymyadzelets
  OpenWRT on the Rock64 CanadianBacon 14 29,125 04-03-2024, 08:48 AM
Last Post: helpmerock
  Rock64 bricked shawwwn 7 17,106 03-17-2024, 12:22 PM
Last Post: dmitrymyadzelets
  Rock64 won't boot luminosity7 10 19,180 03-16-2024, 08:33 AM
Last Post: dmitrymyadzelets
  Rock64 doesn't boot dstallmo 1 4,979 03-16-2024, 08:29 AM
Last Post: dmitrymyadzelets
  How well does Rock64 deal with HDR and Atmos on Kodi? drvlikhell 3 10,153 04-29-2023, 04:24 AM
Last Post: newestssd
  Rock64 board not working, no HDMI no Ethernet. EDited 3 11,157 01-17-2023, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Flagtrax
  ROCK64 v3 can it boot from USB? Tsagualsa 4 10,542 11-29-2022, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Macgyver
  rock64 v3 spiflash Macgyver 0 5,031 11-28-2022, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Macgyver

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)