Unsupported USB Drive NTFS exFAT
Hi,
When I plug my 64gb USB stick into Pine 64 android 7.1, it says Unsupported USB Drive. If have tried both NTFS and exFAT. The Pine formats as FAT32, which works, however I can transfer large files, so is usless.
Please help.
you might try going to play store and search for an app that is specifically for usb sticks on android. that app when installed may install and load some drivers that are not included with the android build. it may then recognize the stick. of course it may make no difference but i think it is worth a try.
(02-17-2018, 07:37 PM)metallica22 Wrote: Hi,
When I plug my 64gb USB stick into Pine 64 android 7.1, it says Unsupported USB Drive. If have tried both NTFS and exFAT. The Pine formats as FAT32, which works, however I can transfer large files, so is usless.
Please help.

I am facing a similar issue. I have been trying to get my 4TB USB drive to work with Android 6 or 7. The drive shows up in ES explorer, but I can't acess the data. I get an error from ES exploer saying that it doesn't support OTG format, only NTFS and FAT. The drive is formatted NTFS.

Oddly using the same drive with Android 5.1, I have no problems accessing the data.

The only clue I have found is that v6&7 might not support GPT on the drive. I really don't want to format and reload 4tb of data to test this theory as that takes a couple of days.

I want to try Android 6 because it seems more stable than 5 and 7, but I need access to my HD. It stores all my media.
Any one have any ideas?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Connecting external DVDRW drive via USB to Pine64 galbez 4 6,040 10-12-2017, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Luke
  Accessing USB drive connected to PINE64 matsunorij 7 9,006 08-05-2016, 08:44 AM
Last Post: matsunorij