Resize video playback
Hi,
I own my PineBook since few months yet, and I have not installed the 32 eMMC requested in the same order. But that's not the point Tongue , just to say that I'm still working with the pre-installed linux distribution (xenial-mate, if I remember well).
Quite often I play video, either with the default media player or with vlc, and both have the same effect: video frame is always on top, and there is no way to resize it. The former is not a big inconvenience, the latter is though, since:
  • bigger video than the screen resolution are not visible
  • player controlls (play, pause, stop, full-screen, etc.) are not accessible.
Any hint about this issue?
Mick 
Lack of drm makes it so that we only have one 'plane' of rendering - and so video playback and controls are effectively rendered in one plane. You can enable DRM (see ayufan's git) but video playback performance is poor. So, in short, currently there's no solution for this.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(11-10-2017, 03:38 AM)Luke Wrote: Lack of drm makes it so that we only have one 'plane' of rendering - and so video playback and controls are effectively rendered in one plane. You can enable DRM (see ayufan's git) but video playback performance is poor. So, in short, currently there's no solution for this.

Any detail more, about enabling DRM (what is ayufan's git?).

Thanks.
Mick 
(11-10-2017, 03:59 AM)Mick Wrote:
(11-10-2017, 03:38 AM)Luke Wrote: Lack of drm makes it so that we only have one 'plane' of rendering - and so video playback and controls are effectively rendered in one plane. You can enable DRM (see ayufan's git) but video playback performance is poor. So, in short, currently there's no solution for this.

Any detail more, about enabling DRM (what is ayufan's git?).

Thanks.

You will find all releases and pre-releases and related instructions here 

Enabling DMR + Mali also breaks other stuff, for instance resume from suspend.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(11-10-2017, 06:46 AM)Luke Wrote: You will find all releases and pre-releases and related instructions here 

Enabling DMR + Mali also breaks other stuff, for instance resume from suspend.

In such a case, that's not for me.
Thanks anyway for the link.
Mick 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Firefox and youtube playback Luke 15 26,971 07-25-2019, 01:31 PM
Last Post: MrTester
  New pinebook owner, media playback how? (was: larger eMMC, what and how to install?) dahni 14 20,672 09-14-2017, 12:04 AM
Last Post: dahni