LCD - sold out
So the LCD on shop.pine64.com is sold out; what are my alternative choices for a small monitor?

Can I just buy any small HDMI monitor or are there likely to be compatibility issues?
Unfortunately its not that easy. You would need a pretty specific touch screen monitor: 1080 or 720p which would use USB input as opposed to the TP port for touch.
On the plus side, it would possibly work with other OS than android.
A quick browse on amazon yielded a few finds but they are all rather expensive (£100 +).
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(07-12-2016, 07:07 AM)Luke Wrote: Unfortunately its not that easy. You would need a pretty specific touch screen monitor: 1080 or 720p which would use USB input as opposed to the TP port for touch.
On the plus side, it would possibly work with other OS than android.
A quick browse on amazon yielded a few finds but they are all rather expensive (£100 +).

That's what I thought

And what if I decide to go non-touch? Will any HDMI screen work?
Any 720 or 1080p screen and you should be fine.
But coming back to touch panels - I found some 'cheaper' touch screens using USB with lower resolutions than 720p -- some of those would MOST LIKELY work with Linux. I am not going to post any as I do not wish to mislead you into thinking that any of them will certainly work. But If you intend to use Linux, then first check which resolutions are currently supported (quite a few are), and then make a decision for yourself. If you want to use droid however, I would just wait a bit until the LCD panel is back in stock ...
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(07-12-2016, 04:57 AM)ollyw Wrote: So the LCD on shop.pine64.com is sold out; what are my alternative choices for a small monitor?

Can I just buy any small HDMI monitor or are there likely to be compatibility issues?

Will resume back in stock on 2 weeks time.
any news on the restock?
(07-29-2016, 12:03 PM)mightygrom Wrote: any news on the restock?

The sold out is due to US site don't have stock but we still have stock in China. We will ship some stock to US site on week and should be reopen on next week. We will open another store on this forum so that we will not getting into the above issue.
The LCD seems to be out of stock again. Is there an estimation when the LCD will be available again ?
(10-09-2017, 06:23 AM)karlitos Wrote: The LCD seems to be out of stock again. Is there an estimation when the LCD will be available again ?
We have asked vendor to manufacture the LCD panel and will be available in a month time.
(10-11-2017, 12:38 PM)tllim Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 06:23 AM)karlitos Wrote: The LCD seems to be out of stock again. Is there an estimation when the LCD will be available again ?
We have asked vendor to manufacture the LCD panel and will be available in a month time.

This is really not a good practice.  I see that that there are plenty LCD matrix compatible with pine64, but the digitizer TPs have a different pinout so wont match the TP port on Pine64.  It would have been easier if you used the usually available stuff on aliexpress n such sites in china or atleast point us to something which we can just buy off the shelf rather than waiting for your manufacturer.