RAM size: 1 GB or 2 GB?
I want to buy the Pine A64+ model but I don't know if I should get the model with 1 GB or 2 GB RAM.

I'm new to single board computers, despite I have quite good experience with microcontrollers and also with PC programming (Java and C/C++), so the feeling I'm getting is that maybe sometime I'll need more than 1 GB of RAM and if one day I run a custom application with 4K support that would consume a lot of RAM and leave just a few RAM space for other thing running on the board.

So, is 1 GB of RAM enough? Tell some examples of projects that would consume more than 1 GB of RAM if you can.
(12-15-2015, 04:28 PM)null Wrote: I want to buy the Pine A64+ model but I don't know if I should get the model with 1 GB or 2 GB RAM.

I'm new to single board computers, despite I have quite good experience with microcontrollers and also with PC programming (Java and C/C++), so the feeling I'm getting is that maybe sometime I'll need more than 1 GB of RAM and if one day I run a custom application with 4K support that would consume a lot of RAM and leave just a few RAM space for other thing running on the board.

So, is 1 GB of RAM enough? Tell some examples of projects that would consume more than 1 GB of RAM if you can.

If you plan to open several apps or software simultaneously, then more ram is better. If you just plan to run single task, then 1G should be good enough.
(12-15-2015, 08:49 PM)tllim Wrote:
(12-15-2015, 04:28 PM)null Wrote: I want to buy the Pine A64+ model but I don't know if I should get the model with 1 GB or 2 GB RAM.

If you plan to open several apps or software simultaneously, then more ram is better. If you just plan to run single task, then 1G should be good enough.

Thank you very much for your quick response. But about the 4K (let's say video streaming), do you know whether that task is going to use most of the 1 GB RAM or not?
(12-15-2015, 09:05 PM)null Wrote:
(12-15-2015, 08:49 PM)tllim Wrote:

Thank you very much for your quick response. But about the 4K (let's say video streaming), do you know whether that task is going to use most of the 1 GB RAM or not?

For sure 4K will taxing more on memory due to larger buffer is needed. I have try to 4K playback using native player on 1G board in Android OS environment and works.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I determine my system RAM size AUDIOTEK 2 3,671 08-14-2016, 01:34 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777