LCD Panel
Reward: The PINE A64+ Box w/ Touch Screen

Does the SD card that shipped with this support the touch screen or do I need to burn a custom image?

Android 5.1.1
Build tulip_chiphd-eng 5.1.1 LVY48E 20160505 test-keys
Kernel 3.10.65

(06-16-2016, 10:26 PM)bsa Wrote: Reward: The PINE A64+ Box w/ Touch Screen

Does the SD card that shipped with this support the touch screen or do I need to burn a custom image?

Android 5.1.1
Build tulip_chiphd-eng 5.1.1 LVY48E 20160505 test-keys
Kernel 3.10.65

I think a simple rule of thumb is if you've received your reward (including pre-loaded microSD) and tested it out via HDMI, then it won't also work with the touchscreen, as these two (HDMI, LCD touchscreen) require slightly different OS images. So you will need one microSD for an 'HDMI' image, and one for a 'touchscreen' image.

Android images for the LCD touchscreen are located here.

Note that 'DD' images are burned with the dd command, or via software such as Win32DiskImager or Rufus.

Images labelled as being PhoenixCard images can only be burned using the PhoenixCard software.

Some people have had issues with the DD images insofar as different brands of microSD report storage size slightly differently, so what is 32GB for one brand of card is not exactly the same 32GB as another brand, for example. As such, you may find you need to burn an image the next size down (e.g. if you have a 64GB card and get no success, you might want to try the 32GB image).
Had the same issue. the supplied card had the hdmi img, which worked fine. Bought a Samsung EVOplus 32g card, but could NOT burn the img for the 32G card via Win32Diskimager or Rufus. Kept getting error message there was not enough room on card. HOWEVER, the lcd img for Phoenixcard burned with no problems, and worked for me, lcd fired right up, though when it first starts it may take 10 - 15 mins to fully load.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  7" LCD Touch Screen Panel IanJames 0 2,015 04-01-2020, 04:40 PM
Last Post: IanJames
  I cannot see the administrator panel in Control Centre alexyia 2 4,957 07-06-2018, 06:11 AM
Last Post: alexyia
  7" LCD Touch Screen Panel TDetwiler3@gmail.com 1 4,139 06-24-2016, 02:07 PM
Last Post: xalius