.CSV Without Nextcloud
Hi Pinephone users,

Has anyone found a way to manually import a .csv file into contacts? I don't want to have to install a cloud-based server for my phone numbers.

Wellwishes,
food
(01-19-2023, 02:24 PM)food Wrote: Hi Pinephone users,

Has anyone found a way to manually import a .csv file into contacts? I don't want to have to install a cloud-based server for my phone numbers.

Wellwishes,
food

https://source.puri.sm/librem5-apps/librem5-goodies
Well, the first question would be: What environment are you using? The scripts linked above are for Phosh. They will not help if you are using Plasma Mobile.

The scripts also assume that the contacts to import are in VCard format, not in CSV format.

Plasma Mobile stores contacts in one VCard file per contact in ~/.local/share/kpeoplevcard/own/. The file names are of the form "contact (1).vcard".
if phosh, you can use "evolution". because it's designed for desktop use, it's little annoying. i recommend screen scale for 125% or 150% temporarily.
(01-19-2023, 03:20 PM)Kevin Kofler Wrote: Well, the first question would be: What environment are you using? The scripts linked above are for Phosh. They will not help if you are using Plasma Mobile.

The scripts also assume that the contacts to import are in VCard format, not in CSV format.

Plasma Mobile stores contacts in one VCard file per contact in ~/.local/share/kpeoplevcard/own/. The file names are of the form "contact (1).vcard".

I'm in Manjaro-ARM with Phosh with .csv file format. I may install a fresh operating system because Evolution isn't downloading nor is any other update.
(01-24-2023, 03:22 PM)food Wrote: I'm in Manjaro-ARM with Phosh with .csv file format. I may install a fresh operating system because Evolution isn't downloading nor is any other update.

Sorry, to be honest I did not read your question properly.
I don't know can you directly import with .csv format but I think Evolution will support vcard.
So maybe you find this helpful?
https://github.com/mridah/csv2vcf

If you don't want to use evolution there is phosh-contacts-importer app but it is in the aur so you need to enable aur first to install it.
And it is basicly the same app which repo I posted earlier on this thread Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CardDAV / Nextcloud sync broken Uturn 0 609 06-15-2023, 12:41 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  nextcloud setup mruser1 2 1,617 12-05-2022, 03:22 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  how to connect calindori to nextcloud? Uturn 2 2,237 06-26-2022, 02:09 AM
Last Post: wibble
  Nextcloud folder (WebDAV) not showing up in Portfolio PinePhoneUser 1 1,358 01-13-2022, 08:31 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  nextcloud contacts are duplicating Uturn 1 1,772 10-24-2021, 01:35 AM
Last Post: user641
  Plasma Mobile, Nextcloud account Uturn 1 2,088 03-05-2021, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Veraendert