PPP microphone not working for calls, is this normal?
So I have not been able to use the microphone for calls on any distro of Linux on my dev edition PPP, so I installed the android test image to try to see if it work there. It did not work in the android test image either. Is this normal?

I ask because I have read various people saying calls worked for them on reddit or on this forum. Mic is not working at all for me, just trying to figure out if I need to replace my PPP or if this is just the current state of the device.
Same issue here. I think it's just the state of the phone calls app.

Using Arch Plasma, the mic doesn't work at all for calls. However, I decided to download a voice recording app, and the mic worked for that.

Using Arch Phosh, the mic sorta worked for calls; the person on the other end could hear something, just nothing they could make out.
(03-24-2022, 06:42 PM)Dinobot Wrote: Same issue here. I think it's just the state of the phone calls app.

Using Arch Plasma, the mic doesn't work at all for calls. However, I decided to download a voice recording app, and the mic worked for that.

Using Arch Phosh, the mic sorta worked for calls; the person on the other end could hear something, just nothing they could make out.

Thanks for the reply. I am glad to know its not a issue with my particular unit.
Mine works perfectly on Arch Linux ARM (Danctnix), the only real customization I've done is switching to linux-megi-rc kernel. I actually took calls for several hours yesterday, and a non-functioning microphone would have been a problem.
With the record app, I found that the input must be adjusted away from default to alsa. And there is a volume control for the microphone in settings which must be increased for the different modes.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinephone Pro Earpiece is not working, need help silverwing 2 1,159 03-25-2023, 11:46 AM
Last Post: UltraBlack_
  manjaro-phosh did make calls -- now nothing tckosvic 6 4,105 03-07-2022, 02:38 PM
Last Post: tckosvic
  Microphone Emilio 1 1,454 03-06-2022, 02:06 PM
Last Post: mburns
  PPP did make calls -- now will not tckosvic 1 1,411 03-01-2022, 10:08 PM
Last Post: tckosvic