2 weeks after installation during calls people hear me but i don`t hear anyone
Hi!  
Smile

2 weeks after installation during calls people hear me but i don`t hear nothing.
Just nothing no sound at all. Around 1 week at least speaker work, but now nothing.
Any solution or new installation of image?

Thank you!
A similar thing happened to me recently. My issue was that I could hear the call audio, but no one could hear me. (I'm using Phosh on Arch Linux)

In my case, the issue was PulseAudio. I installed pavucontrol (https://archlinuxarm.org/packages/aarch64/pavucontrol) and messed around with the levels during a call until it worked how I wanted it to.

Also, check out this file: /usr/share/alsa/ucm2/PinePhone/VoiceCall.conf
It allows you to adjust the default volumes during a call.

These settings work well for me:
cset "name='AIF1 DA0 Playback Volume' 90%"
cset "name='AIF2 DAC Playback Volume' 90%"
cset "name='AIF2 ADC Capture Volume' 80%"

If you do edit the file, make sure you save a backup because if you mess it up then audio won't work at all. Also, you have to reboot the OS to test your changes.
I edit VoiceCall.conf but this message appears:
Error trying to write to " /usr/share/alsa/ucm2/PinePhone/VoiceCall.conf

I think my OS is a total mess.

In details:
Permission denied.
I downloaded a recent release of Arch64/Phosh about a week ago and I have been doing the updates.
The talk, text, data, and the camera have been working since I did the installation, I am using an sd card in a Manjaro edition phone.

Gotta remember this software is still Beta though..... and sometimes it does break,
................. but often when one update breaks it, the next update has the solution.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(11-28-2021, 11:56 PM)7horns7eyes Wrote: I edit VoiceCall.conf but this message appears:

In details:
Permission denied.

You'll need root permission (sudo) to edit that file.
(11-28-2021, 11:56 PM)7horns7eyes Wrote: I edit VoiceCall.conf but this message appears:

In details:
Permission denied.

That's a system file, so need elevated permissions to write to it. Usually you'd do that using sudo, which may ask for your password depending on how recently you last used it. Assuming you used nano as an editor you would run something like:
Code:
sudo nano /usr/share/alsa/ucm2/PinePhone/VoiceCall.conf
I have noticed that for every new incoming call the phone's volume is at "0". So, I always check the volume after I accept the call.

I think the calls app is saving setting based on the phone number. OR
Maybe the calls app gets reset to "0" when the app is updated.

(11-30-2021, 09:25 AM)mikehenson Wrote: I have noticed that for every new incoming call the phone's volume is at "0". So, I always check the volume after I accept the call.

I think the calls app is saving setting based on the phone number. OR
Maybe the calls app gets reset to "0" when the app is updated.

I use my device as a daily driver now as everything works. However I have noticed that it might be necessary to go to Setting / Sound and check the mode. If I was listening to music the mode is music and not phone. I can hear others but they can not hear me. In the microphone setting it must be phone and not music and then the mic sound indicator bar begins to register voice sound.
My OS is latest vesion Arch Linux Phosh.
Dec./07/2021

Using a Manjaro convergent edition phone, running recent a release + all updates of Arch/Phosh/Dremurs on an sd card.

Basic Talk, sms Text, cellular data, are all working for me... No hotspot at the moment, but that could possibly be my carrier.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(11-29-2021, 02:33 AM)bcnaz Wrote: I downloaded a recent release of Arch64/Phosh about a week ago and I have been doing the updates.
The talk, text, data, and the camera have been working since I did the installation,  I am using an sd card in a Manjaro edition phone.

Gotta remember this software is still Beta though..... and sometimes it does break,
................. but often when one update breaks it, the next update has the solution.

Hello please do not talk about the other emails and account…. My iPhone is hacked. 
This is Susan from New Jersey.  I had to create this account because my pine phone is basically frozen at the Lock Screen.  The only thing I can think of is that my stalker has managed to keep me from using it.  Is there anything I can do, help?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phone calls with no sound user641 14 6,218 03-12-2023, 11:43 AM
Last Post: alpineduck
  Still No Calls or SMS AndyM 3 1,710 03-10-2023, 05:27 AM
Last Post: AndyM
  No audio on calls after using wired headset Zebulon Walton 2 1,377 12-07-2022, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  no audio ring on non chatty calls nemsys 0 749 08-14-2022, 03:23 PM
Last Post: nemsys
  Incoming calls only vibrate, phone is not ringing lacriz 4 3,400 05-31-2022, 11:40 PM
Last Post: hannescam
  Telegram installation sax1960 6 7,933 03-24-2022, 05:22 PM
Last Post: parry