Chasing my tail
Does ayufan have newer versions of u-boot than the 2017.9 versions listed here? When trying their latest releases, the compatibility list lists newer versions but I cannot find anything newer than 2017.9. Am I missing something? I've gone down some U-Boot rabbit holes and scoured the internet but am at a loss.

When using any of their newer images my system consistently hangs at this line:

Quote:dwmmc_rockchip fe310000.mmc: DW MMC controller at irq 32,32 bit host data width,256 deep fifo

Another interesting event is:

Quote:[    0.000000] [Firmware Bug]: Kernel image misaligned at boot, your bootloader!

I have tried focal-xfce-rockpro64...187, 186, and 185 with the same behavior. 

I am also striking out with recent Debian builds. They will boot but cannot resolve DHCP address negotiation, even manually. I built my last server with Debian Buster just before the hard freeze and can swap the eMMC chip it is on between all (4) of my RockPro64 devices and have them work.
Quartz64, RockPro64, PinePhone Mobian, PineBook Pro, PineTime, and all the trimmings that make FOSS fun.
hi,

for uboot you eventually could try :
- https://github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux-m...-gf128a779
- sigmaris uboot

give a try to armbian because ayufan distribution seems no more maintained. Armbian with ubuntu or debian works rather well for my usage

LMM.
(09-25-2021, 02:10 PM)LMM Wrote: hi,

for uboot you eventually could try :
- https://github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux-m...-gf128a779
- sigmaris uboot

give a try to armbian because ayufan distribution seems no more maintained. Armbian with ubuntu or debian works rather well for my usage

LMM.

Thank you! This is what I was looking for, don't know how I missed it.

It is funny that you said Armbian because I went back to auyfan's images when I couldn't get Armbian Hirsuite booted to try youtuber NicoD's gaming tutorial. Again, it was due to an old version of U-boot. I have been using Armbian on my PBP and am a big fan of it.
Quartz64, RockPro64, PinePhone Mobian, PineBook Pro, PineTime, and all the trimmings that make FOSS fun.
As far as I know Armbian also has a rather specific u-boot. Indeed with the emmc y (and not from nvme) ou can copy its u-boot on the spi. armbian-config > system >Hardware

Good hack with the NicoD's gaming tutorial !! its seems really challenging.

LMM
(09-26-2021, 01:22 PM)LMM Wrote: As far as I know Armbian also has a rather specific u-boot. Indeed with the emmc y (and not from nvme) ou can copy its u-boot on the spi. armbian-config > system >Hardware

Good hack with the NicoD's gaming tutorial !! its seems really challenging.

LMM

Boy do I feel stupid. Just figured out you were referring to armbian-config once installed. I've been messing with U-boot installed to the SPI first, instead of just wiping the SPI and booting from SD or eMMC. I was confused because Armbian installation seemingly hangs and reboots several times before bringing the user to the rest of the GUI installation process.