Do I have any OS Options?
(04-11-2016, 10:13 AM)Harrisburg Wrote:
(04-08-2016, 01:00 PM)DRoyLenz Wrote: I have been toying with my Pine64 2GB for awhile now, and am about to chalk this up as a bad purchase, and not waste any more time on this.

This is a rather embarrassing (and if we're being honest, elementary) oversight on the part of the devs. For whatever reason, they chose not to test against the 2 GB version and just assumed it would work. They only tested on the 1 GB version. The devs and multiple forum members are now making serious inroads towards fixing the 2GB / OS issues. It's frustrating, but at least they're working on it.

Personally I see this as "silly beginner's mistake" and not "a bad purchase". Give Debian a shot, or give the project a few more days / weeks to straighten things out. What's done is done; progress is being made to fix it.

I couldnt agree more. Give it some time and the pine will turn around to become a great piece of electronics.
Currently running newest android image (after testing an old build. That allso was quite good, and the RemixOS)

Yes there are some issues with networking speed (downspeed) on the 2Gb boards but this will be sorted soon. I'm shure of it.

Personally I'm looking forward for a build pre-Rooted with SuperSU preinstalled on it. Having troubble connecting bluetooth PS4 gamecontrollers to my pine at the moment. You can say its a work in progress.

Wen testing the different builds (android and remix) I found them both good and stable enough. I have experienced some unexpected closing of apps, but nothing in the settings menues. But nothing big.

Messages In This Thread
Do I have any OS Options? - by DRoyLenz - 04-08-2016, 01:00 PM
RE: Do I have any OS Options? - by rahlquist - 04-08-2016, 01:06 PM
RE: Do I have any OS Options? - by Harrisburg - 04-11-2016, 10:13 AM
RE: Do I have any OS Options? - by rahlquist - 04-11-2016, 10:35 AM
RE: Do I have any OS Options? - by Tarjei85 - 04-11-2016, 02:50 PM
RE: Do I have any OS Options? - by umiddelb - 04-11-2016, 02:27 PM
RE: Do I have any OS Options? - by rahlquist - 04-11-2016, 04:25 PM