The Dreaded Red Led of Nothingess
(08-25-2016, 12:40 AM)nickarls Wrote: Yep but I have a feeling that many have been a bit disappointed when they have expected a more finished product, comparing it to the RPI which have had years to iron out production issues etc.

Yes, I think so...

... and then again, maybe not.  Raspberry PI (RPi) cannot run Android... does not have a PMIC, only has 1G of memory, has an inferior usb hub and bus, does not have an OTG port, only has one GPIO bus, has inferior wifi and bt (and their uart model is a complete mess). They really only have ONE linux distro that is stable (Raspbian) and they have precisely the same video issues that every SoC SBC has...  and they have been at this four years !

I still had to provide the case for my PI(s), I had to provide the heatsinks and cooling system (my own motor speed control circuit and python code) , I had to customize my startups , and I had to tune each and every one of my PI(s) ; um, none of them 'just worked' without something, or some tweaking...  none. 

The PineA64 board is actually quiet superior in almost every way, and even though I have had to tweak it too... it has been performing in bristol fashion !  ... love it !
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )

Messages In This Thread
The Dreaded Red Led of Nothingess - by nickarls - 08-24-2016, 12:42 AM
RE: The Dreaded Red Led of Nothingess - by Boring - 08-24-2016, 02:19 AM
RE: The Dreaded Red Led of Nothingess - by MarkHaysHarris777 - 08-25-2016, 02:28 AM