Build an Arcade Cabinet with Pine64?
(01-25-2016, 12:17 PM)Bleachkon Wrote: I want to know if it is possible to build an Arcade Cabinet with the Pine64? I would like to build one with at least two players and run an emulator with a bunch of games on it and still have the ability to put coins in to get a game started. I am no programmer but I can definitely build stuff. I already made my own arcade stick for my ps4. Now I just want to go bigger. Thanks Smile

First off, you will need to get a version of MAME either for Android or Linux (with Linux still very much in the process of development, you would probably be better off with Android, at least initially).

As for adding in a working coin mechanism, no doubt it is theoretically possible. I have built a few JAMMA cabs but never a MAME cab, so not sure of the specifics. 

The Pine A64 has two IO interfaces, Pi-2 and the Euler Bus, and so there is lots of potential for making external connections. But getting MAME to recognise your coin input from connections made at one of those interfaces would be the tricky part.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Build an Arcade Cabinet with Pine64? - by Ghost - 01-25-2016, 12:43 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Arcade Cabinet SirLenuxx 2 5,277 11-19-2017, 11:04 PM
Last Post: SirLenuxx
  Pine64 with Keyrah? Middleman 3 5,968 08-08-2016, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Middleman
  Arcade Cabinet nicolo.tuppo 7 9,746 07-05-2016, 03:02 PM
Last Post: janeku