NomadNet (e2e mesh comms via BT/WiFi/LoRa)
(04-15-2023, 09:31 AM)PineFone Wrote:
(02-17-2023, 12:41 PM)reTestability Wrote: I am still very busy

This question is open to anyone viewing this since it's a pretty simple one for anyone with python expertise (which I lack at the moment).

I'm currently getting hung up on PIP3 installation in that it keeps sending it to a non-PATH destination. There are tutorials referencing how to change to a new PATH for other Linux distros, but I don't know what the correct PATH is to change it to for Manjaro, or most recently Arch hoping it would work if I changed to a similar PP distro.

This is the message I get for Arch which is the same when I first tried it in Manjaro:

Quote:WARNING: The scripts pip3 and pip3.10 are installed in '/home/alarm/.local/bin' which is not on PATH.

Consider adding this directory to PATH or, if you prefer to suppress this warning, us --no-warn-scrip-location.

To cover my bases, how do I:

1) Install pip3 in the correct PATH

2) Move the current pip3 file to the correct PATH

3) Add this not on PATH location to the correct PATH

Anyone who can provide one or all of these answers is appreciated in case I screw one of them up during implementation or my occasionally buggy PP mysteriously doesn't allow for one solution, I'll have the other two solutions to fall back on.

Apologies for the very late reply, a lot of trouble before I could get logged back onto here.

Manjaro and Arch have issues with Python (don't we all ?)

MAnjaro has gone dormant,
 and Arch has some bits missing from Manjaro (weird, yesh) - so I moved
 to Mobian which appears to support python a bit more completely [first impression] 

you should definitely use a "venv" for whatever you are using python for.
Quite easy to implement.

Perhaps you could look for a quick how-to that makes sense (there are many 'flavors')

Really happy with it so far.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NomadNet (e2e mesh comms via BT/WiFi/LoRa) - by reTestability - 03-10-2024, 10:03 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flight mode turns off wifi but not the modem (cellular) jojuma 2 1,374 02-28-2023, 01:58 PM
Last Post: calinb
  No wifi with phosh image wave22 3 2,455 02-15-2022, 07:25 AM
Last Post: wave22
  WiFi Calling ? User 22007 5 5,725 07-19-2021, 11:17 PM
Last Post: KNERD
  WiFi fun on a new PinePhone ~Daniel~ 3 3,326 06-30-2021, 07:20 AM
Last Post: mouffa