NomadNet (e2e mesh comms via BT/WiFi/LoRa)
(02-17-2023, 12:41 PM)reTestability Wrote: Are you always booting from the SD card ?

Yes. I may have had the KDE issue you were mentioning that soured me on Manjaro and always went the Arch Phosh on SD card route, however Manjaro Phosh (updated 2/17/23) is KDE-free and a bit bloated, but over all looks good for this RNS install test.

To make it easy, I went the SD card route and once I get this working, I might try your suggested method for booting directly from the PP without an SD card.

The results are below and it's actually the same issue I ran into when trying to put RNS on Arch awhile back which likely means if this gets figured out, it means RNS will work on Arch in addition to Manjaro.

Here's what I got following your instructions
=================================

STEP 1:
sudo pacman -S pinephone-devtools

RESULT=
"error: target not found: pinephone-devtools"

STEP 2:
sudo pacman -S python-pip

RESULT=
SUCCESS

STEP 3:
pip3 install rns

RESULT=
[A lot of info about missing pieces related to netifaces. I couldn't figure out how to copy paste the read out from terminal to gedit to download and repost so below is the final error message]

"note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.
  ERROR: Failed building wheel for netifaces

Failed to build netifaces
ERROR: Could not build wheels for netifaces, which is required to install pyproject.toml-based projects"

Messages In This Thread
RE: NomadNet (e2e mesh comms via BT/WiFi/LoRa) - by PineFone - 02-19-2023, 10:31 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flight mode turns off wifi but not the modem (cellular) jojuma 2 1,418 02-28-2023, 01:58 PM
Last Post: calinb
  No wifi with phosh image wave22 3 2,519 02-15-2022, 07:25 AM
Last Post: wave22
  WiFi Calling ? User 22007 5 5,791 07-19-2021, 11:17 PM
Last Post: KNERD
  WiFi fun on a new PinePhone ~Daniel~ 3 3,377 06-30-2021, 07:20 AM
Last Post: mouffa