Troubleshooting and Understanding MMS
(06-03-2022, 05:39 PM)epiii2 Wrote: If I'm on vzwinternet, HTTP requests for MMS contents (more on that below) hang forever.  If I'm on vzwapp, those special HTTP requests work, but regular internet traffic goes nowhere.

Crap!  I'm seeing that same behavior.  I noticed a couple days ago that Firefox didn't seem to be working anymore and put it aside for this weekend.  I guess this was the first time using mobile data since I switched the APN to vzwapp a couple weeks ago.

Brief testing seemed to show that I could set vzwapp to autoconnect and use as the default, then switch to vzwinternet in gnome-settings if I need to use mobile data.  Any MMS messages then get stuck until I switch back to vzwapp.  I think I can live with that in the short run but in the long run I'll vote for handling the dual APNs.  I'm going to research a possible DNS problem here too.

I haven't seen any segfaults (yet) but with the general flakiness I've seen in the mobile stack, I suspect switching APNs back and forth more than occasionally will probably FUBAR the modem (or related software) and require a reboot.

Messages In This Thread
Troubleshooting and Understanding MMS - by epiii2 - 05-31-2022, 07:44 PM
RE: Troubleshooting and Understanding MMS - by treebeard - 06-04-2022, 03:29 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin troubleshooting Chatty / modem? no SMS outbound vap0rtranz 5 3,717 02-14-2022, 12:15 PM
Last Post: vap0rtranz