Hacking project: Replace lcd with third party displays.
(12-12-2021, 01:45 AM)barray Wrote: Is the intention to build a PDA or something the equivalent of a Blackberry? If a PDA, let me know, I am working on a side-project for this and there would be some overlap.

Hi, thanks for the follow up.  I am indeed.  I used to be able to type really fast when Blackberries were a thing and then got an Android and have never been able to recover any typing speed at all.

I have wanted to test out and play with keyboard layouts and we are now at a place where others have figured out the packaging and software pieces that it seems like it might be time to try and figure out if I can move a few pieces around and dremel into a case an ugly attempt to see how well a thumb keyboard might actually work on a fully converged device.

I have a ton of research to complete and a bunch of iterations to go through as time allows but would love to hear what you might be working on, for sure.  Feel free to post here or message me any time.

Appreciate the mods approving this thread, thanks!

EDIT: I missed the PDA vs Blackberry qualifier. I am looking more for a blackberry style input option rather than a pda in the sense of Palmpilot or similar. I would like to solve the issue of speed + accuracy of text input on a mobile devices for my usecase.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hacking project: Replace lcd with third party displays. - by holycow - 12-12-2021, 10:56 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How hard to replace screen? Zebulon Walton 28 29,815 01-18-2022, 12:21 AM
Last Post: henrythemouse
  Replace/Solder USB-C port on Pinephone magdesign 4 3,879 07-30-2021, 09:24 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  speaker replace and no screen mascarade01 2 3,028 03-08-2021, 01:20 PM
Last Post: mascarade01