Just another noob wanting to know your favorite build
Phone just left the factory in China on the 28th. Now just to wait for it to get into the States.

Yeah. I heard that Plasma was a bit of a hot mess. I was going to play around with it for a few minutes before deciding if it was usable enough to leave on the phone. I was going to have a look at Mobian and Manjaro Phosh. Im sort of excited about Manjaro Phosh. It seems they have been putting in a lot of work. They have almost daily updates and a very enthusiastic community. Whichever one i like better will end up being on the phone. Im just curious if I will need to re flash the phone every time a new major update comes around. If thats the case, I might just stick with the SD card method until a really nice stable version comes out. In that case, Mobian would be the defualt OS on the phone. (I did hear that Manjero Phosh has made progress with the battery life though.)

Any thoughts on Anbox? From what I hear it doesn't really work all that great yet.
Has anyone tied running the Pinephone just like any other desktop linux distro? I might put some of my favorite linux programs on there and see if they work. I imagine the issues would arise with clashes between the phone GUI and the screen. I figure my programs that run in the terminal would be fine. I want to get my VPN up and running.

If I need to turn off WiFi on Mobian, perhaps it would be better to use the hard switches in the back of the case? Then its more hardware and software just has to deal with it lol.

Now its just a waiting game for it to get into the US of A. How long did shipping take for all of you?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just another noob wanting to know your favorite build - by AwHereWeGoAgain - 05-30-2021, 06:08 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Complete noob to the Pinephone 64, cannot set time and date. gordr 11 2,786 06-06-2023, 10:27 AM
Last Post: gordr
  Favorite software? Scary Guy 0 979 02-16-2022, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Scary Guy
  Poll: What is your favorite distro/interface for the PinePhone? amosbatto 8 11,108 02-01-2022, 07:47 AM
Last Post: amosbatto
  Poll 2: What is your favorite distro/interface for the PinePhone? amosbatto 3 3,611 12-01-2021, 04:36 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Poll 4: What is your favorite distro/interface for the PinePhone? amosbatto 7 6,520 02-11-2021, 09:58 AM
  Poll 3: What is your favorite distro/interface for the PinePhone? amosbatto 0 1,568 02-01-2021, 07:57 AM
Question PinePhone Build Environment grondinm 5 6,441 09-30-2020, 12:38 PM
Last Post: wibble