Suggestions On Simple, Yet Fun Project For A Complete Novice ?
(04-17-2021, 02:40 PM)gamerminstrel Wrote:
(04-17-2021, 10:02 AM)NobodyNew1 Wrote: Hello Everyone !!

The title says it all. I'm a complete noob, but want to learn fun little things to do with this phone. I've had the phone sitting in its box for months ( Manjaro Edition ), but now I really want to do something with it. It took me some time for this to sink in, just bc it doesn't work as a phone doesn't mean it still isn't a tool that I can use to educate myself and grow my knowledge.
So, if anyone has any ideas or suggestions of beginner projects that I could attempt and complete with this device, please share you thoughts.
Thanks !!

If you know the bare basics of programming but nothing about making an app for the Pinephone, you're about in the same boat I am. If you want to make something designed for Manjaro/Plasma Mobile, the best starting point would probably be going through the tutorials included here:

https://develop.kde.org/docs/kirigami/

The tutorials will walk you through making a basic app or two, with links to many more good tutorials after. And if you get stuck, the KDE Plasma Mobile Matrix channel has been pretty friendly to my noob questions so far.

Personally I don't know what kind of apps I want to make yet, but you can't build anything without knowing how to use the tools first.
Awesome !! Thank you for the information. I'll check all of this out, maybe this will be a starting point for me. Thanks !!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Suggestions On Simple, Yet Fun Project For A Complete Novice ? - by NobodyNew1 - 04-23-2021, 11:03 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Complete noob to the Pinephone 64, cannot set time and date. gordr 11 2,774 06-06-2023, 10:27 AM
Last Post: gordr
  Suggestions for the Pinephone pro JesusGod-Pope666.Info 6 4,526 12-20-2021, 07:30 AM
Last Post: ryo
  Pinephone Solar Project Battery Extension 10000mAh Diyoshi 0 1,976 10-28-2020, 05:29 AM
Last Post: Diyoshi