How to enter FEL mode?
(02-14-2021, 12:05 PM)xalius Wrote: As mentioned in https://linux-sunxi.org/PinePhone#FEL_mode the easiest way to enter FEL is probably via sdcard image. Otherwise you can enter FEL if you don't have a valid boot signature on the eMMC and no sdcard inserted. There is a testpad for the FEL pin (that you could pull low with some soldering and flying wirres) but I haven't checked where it is located on the PCB... for what purpose do you need to go into FEL mode?

Thanks for the reply, I'm waiting to hear back from support because of an issue with the SD card slot on my phone being defective. I'm completely locked out of my device the day it arrived in the mail, I changed my password from 123456 as the instructions in the box suggested from command line, but without warning I would of never of guessed the pin number to unlock your screen had anything to do with the password for the standard user or that your password needs to be all numbers.. After I tested calling and texting on my phone, I went to command line and I updated/upgraded, disabled the SSH daemon for security reasons and changed my password from 123456 and I haven't been able to get back in my phone since day 1.

I attempted to fix this problem by flashing an image to the SD card (JumpDrive or OS image) and it seems like the slot on my phone for the SD is defective. I've made a forum post (https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=13079) but at this time I've tried 3 different SD cards, on multiple devices using multiple images and multiple programs for flashing to attempt to boot from an SD. Through a realization yesterday, the "problem" I described on that forum post no matter if there's an SD card in the slot or not it behaves the same as I described.

This FEL mode as I put, it should help me flash an image to the emmc directly correct? by connecting it to my distro with a usb cable I should be able to correct my issue using the tools they've provided, unless I'm mistaken.

FEL mode seems to be my last resort in attempting to get back into this phone and fix the problem since unfortunately after many days of messing with this SD card issue the only thing I can conclude is it's defective and not user error.

Messages In This Thread
How to enter FEL mode? - by Giddyup - 02-13-2021, 09:38 PM
RE: How to enter FEL mode? - by xalius - 02-14-2021, 12:05 PM
RE: How to enter FEL mode? - by Giddyup - 02-14-2021, 12:35 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recovery mode Emilio 1 1,294 02-14-2022, 03:39 AM
Last Post: wibble
  Constructive criticism, open debate, grown up behaviour, and the dreaded FEL mode. step 7 3,928 11-25-2021, 08:46 AM
Last Post: wibble
  Pinephone won't let me enter password czgunner 5 4,301 09-07-2021, 08:50 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  What is the point of airplane mode? Barugon 11 9,513 08-14-2021, 04:46 PM
Last Post: calinb
  I am stuck, When in Terminal, unable to enter a password Whio84 3 2,988 02-12-2021, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Whio84