BBS like its 1996; Door Games, Message Nets & More..
(09-20-2020, 08:41 AM)wove Wrote: I gave this a go. I am an old BBSer from the '80s and 90s and I got as far as getting something along the lines of "and die". Can I get in from Desterm on my C=128?

Nice to see BBSes showing up again, they can be great social places and lots of fun. I will try again later.

bill

Hmm... so long as you're in any ANSI BBS terminal you should be able to login, and see the ANSI graphics...

About your Desterm on a C128, sure you could use it to login - however unless its updated for telnet you would have to use a serial to ethernet modem... they were popular to build a year ago and are simple enough to put together. Furthermore, there are tons of Commodore BBSes up currently - Image BBS that used to be around is actually being developed in 2020 and they are about to release version 3.0 shortly. Currently Image BBS is at 2.0; and they have downloads available for installing directly to old hardware. Tongue This is a BBS server, tho, and lets you RUN a BBS.

Under this I'm going to post some other BBS info for anyone who wants to jump in... I'll include some Commodore and Amiga boards.
-----
 pAULIE42o
.  .  .  .   .  . .
/s

Messages In This Thread
RE: BBS like its 1996; Door Games, Message Nets & More.. - by Paulie420 - 09-20-2020, 12:13 PM