Discussion of Moving Production Outside of China
(03-25-2021, 07:08 AM)ncc Wrote: you can't trust the usa because of NSA spying and stealing. tbh, you can't trust anyone. not even yourself! put your code out and let everyone see all your flaws! only open source can be trusted.
First, I don't have problem with NSA spying per se - SIGINT is one of the purposes for which the organization was founded. I do have problem with NSA spying and collecting bulk metadata specifically on USA citizens.

Second, open source or not, manufactured in USA or abroad - agencies like NSA will still try to find a way to get the intelligence they believe they need.

Third, modern big data collected by all the corporations and being sold left and right is arguably just as big if not a bigger concern than NSA or the likes, because unlike US federal government that's fundamentally limited by the US Bill of Rights, the same restrictions don't apply to private citizens and even corporations in the same way. Heck, even the state governments in USA are limited by the Bill of Rights only via 14th amendment's Privileges or Immunities Clause and not directly.

Last but most importantly, my post wasn't about spying, it was about willing to pay more to avoid financing those, who on purpose make bunch of people miserable (if alive at all) just because they don't fit their twisted ideology. I don't want my money to go to a government that persecutes people for deciding to quit smoking, like communists in China do to Uyghurs.

P.S.: don't get too hung up on USA - like I said, I see it as ideal (I'd prefer my money to stay as close to my community as possible), but I'd be OK with manufacturing somewhere in Europe, or Mexico, or Brazil. Heck, I'd be OK with manufacturing in Taiwan or even somewhere in Africa, so long as it's not a communist or theocratic (same inhumane shit, different religion) regime or some other regime that likes to start wars or violate human rights (e.g. Russia is squarely on my shit-list).
This message was created with 100% recycled electrons

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why no ePacket shipping from China? KNERD 4 1,307 06-29-2023, 08:09 PM
Last Post: poundinitiative
  Poll: Move production outside of China? KNERD 10 9,665 04-22-2021, 02:23 PM
Last Post: xalius