Regarding USB Power and Modem Initialization
#3
(08-25-2021, 08:08 AM)wibble Wrote: The short answer is I don't think you can do that without significantly reworking the power subsystems. The modem (and the wifi IIRC) use a direct connection to the battery to more efficiently provide the high peak currents they can draw during transmission. There's quite a bit of discussion about the details of the power subsystems in the thread about pogo pin power. I think it included what could be done using USB power only.
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...+pin+power

Thanks for the guidance! I'll be messing with this in the near future and if I've any updates I'll be sure to post about it.
  Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Regarding USB Power and Modem Initialization - by vidual - 08-26-2021, 11:48 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug PinePhone modem keeps "disappearing" Kevin Kofler 21 22,675 09-11-2026, 09:18 AM
Last Post: idice
  Pinephone - broken power button rorus 14 25,588 05-17-2026, 03:52 PM
Last Post: EuvzO8
  Modem Issues with the Pinephone Temmie19 5 6,797 07-02-2025, 12:50 PM
Last Post: biketool
  FOSS fw problem - PinePhonePro, EG25 modem dukla2000 5 6,555 02-05-2025, 02:30 AM
Last Post: biketool
  Supported Carrier and Modem Bands NachoMomma 4 9,049 03-23-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  power circuit can't charge battery and can't supply enough power for modem or wifi vortex 2 5,237 02-17-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: vortex
Thumbs Down Battery Issue or Power Management IC? bcoyle 2 5,440 03-20-2023, 12:54 AM
Last Post: bcoyle
  modem not working michelinux 0 2,622 02-16-2023, 04:56 AM
Last Post: michelinux
  modem not detected al_x 3 9,146 02-15-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: fxc
  firmware udate Quectel EG25-G modem alwi 7 15,541 07-06-2022, 01:43 PM
Last Post: user641

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)