Suggestion: better performing pinephone
#26
The Pinephone is more than powerful enough. I've been using a variant of the Awesome desktop on the phone and it is running more than fast enough for me. It was the Gnome and KDE desktop environments that I've had the issue with. That has been brought up by basically everyone at this point.

I'd actually like to see something weaker as I want battery life for days. I bought the Pinephone after the Keyboard was confirmed back with the Manjaro edition as my dream has been to own one of those ultra portable tiny laptops - similar to the Pandora/Pyra. I don't need amazing performance, I just want a 20 hour battery life.
  Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Suggestion: better performing pinephone - by Lord Windy - 02-16-2021, 04:35 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug PinePhone modem keeps "disappearing" Kevin Kofler 21 22,549 09-11-2026, 09:18 AM
Last Post: idice
  Pinephone + Keyboard for sale, little use ruemoo 18 14,776 08-23-2026, 12:17 AM
Last Post: Nambo
  Pinephone - broken power button rorus 14 25,511 05-17-2026, 03:52 PM
Last Post: EuvzO8
  PinePhone 16 GB – Free to a Good Home Anna 2 2,299 01-20-2026, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Anna
Sad PinePhone USB-C port and audio jack failure Kevin Kofler 4 8,680 12-11-2025, 08:57 AM
Last Post: jakfish
  Recycling pinephone as home server mdk 6 4,129 12-01-2025, 02:57 AM
Last Post: mdk
  PinePhone, PinePhone Pro, Keyboard/Accessories for sale brb78 5 3,227 11-30-2025, 05:45 AM
Last Post: biketool
  Modem Issues with the Pinephone Temmie19 5 6,724 07-02-2025, 12:50 PM
Last Post: biketool
Question Third-party cheap touchscreen/LCD for the Pinephone - lost knowledge? mikeb 2 4,936 06-21-2025, 05:19 PM
Last Post: mikeb
  Pinephone not booting sd card... bruv 1 3,654 03-25-2025, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)