Price of Pinephone is going to increase by $100?
#27
You know, something occured to me: I have no need whatsoever for extra technical support, warranty, etc., so would not be interested in the "retail" model... However, I would gladly have paid $250 for the phone, and have the extra $100 contribute directly to the development of the software.
The pinephone's dependency on volunteer software projects is its biggest weakness right now. And while it has made amazing strides and I have great confidence in the future of the project, I do wonder what more could be achieved if some money is raised to support the developers involved enough to let them dedicate part time or even full time effort into the project.


Messages In This Thread
RE: Price of Pinephone is going to increase by $100? - by displacefish - 12-05-2020, 09:02 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinephone visibly losing power while plugged in Hiraghm 9 9,052 08-29-2026, 11:18 AM
Last Post: baptx
  Pinephone software Csanderson0313 3 1,728 07-10-2026, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  PinePhone Game Thread PixelPaintbrush 31 87,031 06-11-2026, 02:50 PM
Last Post: elinkser
  How can I record video on a Pinephone? kk22 23 26,017 03-25-2026, 12:55 PM
Last Post: baptx
  pinephone-support package not upgradable on Mobian fhireman 5 8,697 02-28-2026, 05:49 PM
Last Post: baptx
  beep - playing PCM samples on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 0 1,656 12-04-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
Star Selling my Pinephone Pro Explorer Edition zheyon 2 5,208 12-01-2025, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  PinePhone sensors - Gyroscope power WhiteHexagon 3 2,855 11-30-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Light Sensor / Proximity Sensor on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 1 2,247 11-18-2025, 03:07 PM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Pinephone boot. Richy_T 8 8,587 10-21-2025, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Richy_T

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)