Impressions and ideas
(10-06-2020, 05:50 AM)LinAdmin2 Wrote: Thanks for your detailed list. I can add my own experiences and ideas:

a) to c) I had seen this too, but with the recent image dated 20201005 it seems solved.

d) Heat and power consumption is a problematic issue. The latest image mentioned has improved, but there remains room for improvement.

e) I do not like the Kings cross terminal because it does not use the keyboard layout specified in general settings. I have uninstalled it and use xfce-terminal which looks OK.

f) File transfer and access using nemo is problematic. It does not allow to access shares on servers using the ordinary smb protocol.

I have used mc running on my desktop PC and opened the right pane with a ssh connection to mobian. This however requires to install before ssh on the phone. This should IMHO be part of the standard distribution.

i) Other distributions already have locked/automatic rotation and I think it is not too difficult to realize.

k) Very desirable in long term but not urgent.

n) & o) Agreed.

p) I do not use Lollypop but have installed mpv player.

Additional wishlist:

q) Remove eog because it is not well adapted to phone and use gpicview.

r) Include cifs-utils, bpsd-clients, alsa-utils and mc (without .desktop file)
a-c:
I flashed the newest image 20201005, and for me the problems still exist. And still completely random
https://postimg.cc/qzfRBCcG

e:
Thnx for the tip, it looks/works much better

p:
When opening MPV i just says "drop files or urls to play here", but i'm unable to drag files into the app.

q:
It might be better, but even with the scale to fit command, the scaling is still off.
https://postimg.cc/tZN1n33P
Also imagemagick is now included

Also the newest image is less stable, i have had it crash to a black screen several times and now i'm stuck on the lock screen since it wont accept my code.....
Luckily i have a backup Smile

Messages In This Thread
Impressions and ideas - by herregaarden - 10-05-2020, 04:59 PM
RE: Impressions and ideas - by LinAdmin2 - 10-06-2020, 05:50 AM
RE: Impressions and ideas - by natasha - 10-06-2020, 12:55 PM
RE: Impressions and ideas - by herregaarden - 10-06-2020, 01:42 PM
RE: Impressions and ideas - by LinAdmin2 - 10-07-2020, 12:04 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electron Bugs - Any Ideas? (Axolotl) arno_nuehm 5 3,991 11-26-2021, 06:52 AM
Last Post: arno_nuehm