Let's talk about safety of Pinephone
#11
(09-21-2020, 08:54 AM)fsflover Wrote: Not sure I understand. The other distros for Librem 5 may have the same problems like Pinephone has, but it does not make Librem 5 worse or even equal. At least the other distros can follow the path of the official PureOS and implement all the same features much more easily.

It has PureOS with GTK/Posh which is what I think users may have to use, not really much else choice. It's what I think I meant by "stuck". There is PureOS KDE/Plasma which seems to have fallen to the side along with UBports. Plus PMOS. I think Purism phone users will have stability they need and eventually get more distros.

It seemed like Pine64 had plans for a larger 5,000mAh battery according to May 2020 update: https://www.pine64.org/2020/05/15/may-up...ging-more/

I hope this plan to explore it as an option is still in motion.
  Reply


Messages In This Thread
Let's talk about safety of Pinephone - by megous - 09-18-2020, 04:43 PM
Let's talk about safety of Pinephone - by eKeith - 09-20-2020, 08:11 AM
RE: Let's talk about safety of Pinephone - by lot378 - 09-21-2020, 07:54 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinephone visibly losing power while plugged in Hiraghm 9 8,986 08-29-2026, 11:18 AM
Last Post: baptx
  Pinephone software Csanderson0313 3 1,680 07-10-2026, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  PinePhone Game Thread PixelPaintbrush 31 86,853 06-11-2026, 02:50 PM
Last Post: elinkser
  How can I record video on a Pinephone? kk22 23 25,916 03-25-2026, 12:55 PM
Last Post: baptx
  pinephone-support package not upgradable on Mobian fhireman 5 8,654 02-28-2026, 05:49 PM
Last Post: baptx
  beep - playing PCM samples on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 0 1,640 12-04-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
Star Selling my Pinephone Pro Explorer Edition zheyon 2 5,191 12-01-2025, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  PinePhone sensors - Gyroscope power WhiteHexagon 3 2,834 11-30-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Light Sensor / Proximity Sensor on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 1 2,225 11-18-2025, 03:07 PM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Pinephone boot. Richy_T 8 8,550 10-21-2025, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Richy_T

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)